Any Maintaining Wt. Loss 2+ yrs NSVs-if not, what happened?

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
We all know someone, all too well, many who have lost the weight and regain it all back within a year or so--perhaps we have experienced this ourselves. Please share your weight loss success stories where you have rid yourself of the excess flab & fat from off of your mind and have actually KEPT it off for 2 years or longer.

How did you did and how are you maintaining for so long?

What obstacles, temptations or negative influences are you facing (or cut-off) that you've learned/are learning to overcome to make sure that you NEVER go back to the place of being overweight or obesity?

What measures have you/are you taking DAILY to make sure you don't yo-yo or regain the weight?

If you've hit your goal or lost the weight and regained it back or more for a year or less...what happened? Why couldn't/didn't you maintain your success of getting down to the healthy size or your goal?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bump
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump! will really love to hear some good stories on this
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Ive been at "goal weight" for more than 18 months.
    The biggest thing is to always have a goal. run faster, Run farther, Lift heavier. Just keep setting little goals and destroying them. And get rid of your "fat clothes" if your current clothing starts getting uncomfortable, take the hint and rachet down.
  • applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did lose the weight I wanted to and kept it off for maybe 8 months before regaining some (20lbs of 55lbs lost). As the previous poster said, throwing away your fat clothes is a key idea. I put on a few pounds and I noticed my clothes were tighter... When I was dieting first time around I donated 7 handy sacks of my fat clothes to charity so when I put on the pounds I was quickly running out of clothes. It reigned me back in and within 3 weeks I am back at my goal weight. So even though mine is not the type of weight loss story the op was looking for, I do think it's useful advice :)

As a side note I was keeping the weight off without difficulty until I went travelling around OZ and NZ for a month, came home 10lbs heavier and then it was Xmas!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Ive been at "goal weight" for more than 18 months.
    The biggest thing is to always have a goal. run faster, Run farther, Lift heavier. Just keep setting little goals and destroying them. And get rid of your "fat clothes" if your current clothing starts getting uncomfortable, take the hint and rachet down.

:heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I did lose the weight I wanted to and kept it off for maybe 8 months before regaining some (20lbs of 55lbs lost). As the previous poster said, throwing away your fat clothes is a key idea. I put on a few pounds and I noticed my clothes were tighter... When I was dieting first time around I donated 7 handy sacks of my fat clothes to charity so when I put on the pounds I was quickly running out of clothes. It reigned me back in and within 3 weeks I am back at my goal weight. So even though mine is not the type of weight loss story the op was looking for, I do think it's useful advice :)

As a side note I was keeping the weight off without difficulty until I went travelling around OZ and NZ for a month, came home 10lbs heavier and then it was Xmas!!

Thank you so much for posting:flowerforyou:
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have lost and maintained for over 2 years. I refuse to put weight back on. I'm lucky in the fact that I work with a lot of people who are into healthy eating and exercising. They help keep me in check! Once I learned how to eat and cook and things to buy while grocery shopping it was easy. This is a change for life for me.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Read this thread which is full of information from people who've been doing maintenance for some time. Some truly amazing stories in there :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/816542-let-s-hear-it-for-maintainenance
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I have lost and maintained for over 2 years. I refuse to put weight back on. I'm lucky in the fact that I work with a lot of people who are into healthy eating and exercising. They help keep me in check! Once I learned how to eat and cook and things to buy while grocery shopping it was easy. This is a change for life for me.

Beautiful! That's sooooo important what you've said about birds of a feather (so to speak) about hanging around folk who are like-minded and health conscience--that is tremendous! Woot!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Read this thread which is full of information from people who've been doing maintenance for some time. Some truly amazing stories in there :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/816542-let-s-hear-it-for-maintainenance

Thank you for posting this! :drinker:
  • Stacyellenk
    Stacyellenk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost about 60 pounds on weight watchers over 10 years ago - have maintained the entire time me within 3-4 pounds of goal. I haven't counted points in many years but when I feel I'm starting to gain a little I start journaling again to cut back. I found my fitness pal about 2 years ago and it's a much easier tool for me at this point in my life.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I lost about 60 pounds on weight watchers over 10 years ago - have maintained the entire time me within 3-4 pounds of goal. I haven't counted points in many years but when I feel I'm starting to gain a little I start journaling again to cut back. I found my fitness pal about 2 years ago and it's a much easier tool for me at this point in my life.

:drinker: :heart: :drinker: You ROCK, thank you so much for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!