Options

Replies

• shastacrystal
    Options
    Think Thin Crunchy Peanut Butter!
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! I'm hooked on the cookie dough flavor. So freaking delicious.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    quest peanut butter and jelly!
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Two boiled eggs! They fill me up way more then my old protein bars and that's 12 grams of protein :-)
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!
    They range from 160 cals to a little over 200 (230?) and all have 20 grams of protein, a good quality of fiber and are delicious. My favorites are cinnamon roll, strawberry cheesecake and apple pie. I want to try the new cookie dough flavor but amazon doesnt have the boxes yet. you can get them in some stores (like GNC) but amazon tends to have them cheapest.
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    I make my own - lots of recipes out there but mine is a no bake chocolate-peanut butter one with whey powder, peanut butter and linseed. Easy to make, keep them in the freezer and 20g protein each.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Think Thin Crunchy Peanut Butter!

Think Thin bars are listed as having no sugar because they are made with sugar alcohol. This chemical can cause great abdominal distress. I'll pass on that.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Quest... because it's really one of the few bars (the only one I see on the shelves in stores I visit anyway) with no whey concentrate, only whey isolate.

I need the whey isolate because it's lactose-free. Whey concentrate gives me gas whether I take it as a powder, in a bar, or anything else.

There are other bars that have "Whey Isolate!" on the front of the wrapper (such as "supreme protein")... but in the fine-print ingredient list they include BOTH isolate AND concentrate. These still make be bloated & gassy... so if you have this problem, be forewarned.
  • yrollam1013
    yrollam1013 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like cliff, cliff builders, Luna, and kind bars. I don't think the kind bars are protein bars really but they sell them with the protein bars. They satiate me quite well.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I had my first protein bar today because I was in a total rush and it seemed healthier than an egg sandwich from Wawa. It was a Detour - Whey Protein Bar, Lower Sugar, Caramel Peanut, bar. The macros were 30 carb - 10 fat - 30 protein and the total calories was 340. I thought this was ok considering it was my breakfast after a CrossFit workout, but I see a lot of mixed opinions here.

Is this really all that bad?
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Quest - chocolate chip cookie dough, apple pie, cinnamon bun & vanilla almond torte! 20 grams of protein, plus 17-18 grams fiber. GNC gives a 20% discount for a box, plus an extra 20% the first week of every month, if you have a Gold Card.

My dad loves the Oh Yeah bars, but only the minis (15grams protein). The bigger bars are 30 grams protein & >300 calories a bar. The carmel peanut Oh Yeah bar is just like eating a candy bar, really delicious!
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in Oh Yeah protein bars & Syntrax Nectar powder, this site gives a good discount & they are very quick with delivery.

http://www.mybariatricpantry.com
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Do you like greens? My two faves are the Amazing Grass chocolate peanut butter bars (12g whey protein) and Greens Plus bars (protein and sugar contents vary by flavor, but usually over 10g). The Greens Plus bars taste great IMO, but the Amazing Grass bars are very filling and usually have less ingredients.

Please follow up and let us know what you liked.
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    By far Premier Protein available in Sam's Club or on Amazon around 290 calories and 30 grams of Protein. I also like the THink THin Bars but they only have 20 Grams of protein
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    chicken
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of Kashi original cereal. Mix 1 serving of PB2 powder. Then add a little water to create the peanut butter that holds it together. Put in freezer. Eat.

115 calories, 20 carbs, 2 fat, 12 protein, 8 fiber.

Can't beat those macros.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My husband likes the Oh Yeah bars as well. Think he orders them from bodybuilding.com.
  • mtbaker64
    mtbaker64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I make my own - lots of recipes out there but mine is a no bake chocolate-peanut butter one with whey powder, peanut butter and linseed. Easy to make, keep them in the freezer and 20g protein each.

Recipe please! =)
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kelgalon
    kelgalon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Purefit Almond Crunch (the peanut butter is pretty good too)! Best bar out there! 220 cals with 18 gm of protein. NO Hydrogenated Oils, NO Animal Products, Vegan, NO Cholesterol, or Trans Fatty Acids, NO Wheat or Gluten, NO Artificial Sweetners, NO Hidden Carbohydrates, NO Sugar Alcohol.