Zero noodles - really???

Options
Has anyone tried Zero Noodles and do they actually fill you up in any way at all? I can't help thinking if something sound stoo good to be true it probably is!

(Zero Noodles are 8 calories per 100g and made with water and konjac, so carb free too)

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    search "miracle noodles" and "konjac" on MFP for literally thousands of comments on this subject.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    meh, I mean, they'll temporarily fill you up from sheer mass. but you'll be hungry again soon
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Zero deliciousness. They're gross.
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love my shirataki noodles. They are made out of water and yam yeast. Have a different texture, but yes they fill you up and taste anything you cook them in. 0 nutrients tho so they are a dead food.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Konjac?? I'm going to have to look that one up. So far all I can picture is a bunch of drunk noodle lovers! :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would suggest just eating food. Calories aren't the devil...they are just a unit of energy. If you have a reasonable calorie deficit built into your diet, it is easy enough to achieve that calorie goal while eating real food that tastes good and leaves you satiated and satisfied.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My understanding is they are noodles made from a soluable fiber. There is some debate over how many (if any) calories are absorbed from soluable fiber, but I've never seen an estimate of more than 1/2, which would be only 2 calories per gram.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    They're great. They are a REAL food, popular in Japan. I use them in all sorts of Asian dishes with meat / fish / tofu and veggies and they fulfil the carb role. They are not quite too-good-to-be-true, but they are good, although you might need to try them a few times to get used to the texture. Like anything though, you start to think of them as normal after a while....
  • mary_elizabeth28
    Options
    I just found some in my local health food shop (they are called 'slim pasta' but same thing) and tried them - not the tastiest thing I've ever had but I can imagine they are ok in a stir fry / pasta dish (I tried them plain, which prob wasn't the best idea!)
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If we're talking about Pasta Zero (those are the ones I've tried )...

They don't taste like anything (despite what they smell like when you cut the bag open! they will NOT taste like that I promise!) .

I used them to curb any pasta w/ sauce craving I might get. The whole bag is only like 40 cal, so I can throw some lower cal pasta sauce on there and be good to go.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't know .... at this point I think I am more concerned about feeding my body nutrients to build muscle and fuel my body rather than eating for the sake of eating. Which is a huge step for me.... but I find that I am counting nutrients now instead of calories. Just my 2 cents
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash! so many ways to cook with it!
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I echo the comments about nutrients needed versus eating to eat- so I skip pasta altogether and don't worry about it. I also agree though that Spagetti Squash will do the trick if you are needing something to do with a yummy and nutritious pasta sauce you have made. Sooooo delish.