Crystal light fruit fizz

Options
imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
A nice change from water....a little vodka in this and it would be plain out naughty!:laugh:

1 pouch (.5 of a 19.4g pkg.) crystal light strawberry orange banana drink mix......I used raspberry ice, cause I like it better :wink:
3 cups cold water
2 cans (355ml) diet lemon-lime soda......I used diet sprite, it's all I had
1 cup finely chopped strawberries

Dissolve drink mix in cold water in a pitcher, stir in soda and berries just before serving, serve over ice...yummy! I froze some of this in ice cube trays and used that as my cubes, this way I avoided having water down juice :drinker:

Replies

• Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yummy bump :)
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    yum. what a fun drink! agreed that vodka would definitely kick it up a notch! :bigsmile:
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    Bump! =)
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! Vodka/crystal lite is my FAV!
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    any concerns of the aspartame or just chalk that up to rumors? it's so contradicting I just don't know what to believe.
    i haven't had diet or lite anything in months now.::noway:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy! Do you drink all of it or serve this to guests?
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    this would alo be delish if you drink it with gin..(my fav!)
  • imagymrat
    Options
    any concerns of the aspartame or just chalk that up to rumors? it's so contradicting I just don't know what to believe.
    i haven't had diet or lite anything in months now.::noway:

I have so little aspartame in my daily diet, that I don't even pay it a second glance. Now a days everything is going to kill you..:laugh: Yes it would be better to have plain out juice or water...but it's a nice change...according to my DR. again his own opinion, he finds very little harm in aspartame and let me knw that I would have to take in enormous quantities of it before it would ever become a problem...I would like to see stevia used in place of aspartame, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, the cost is ridiculous.
  • imagymrat
    Options
    This sounds yummy! Do you drink all of it or serve this to guests?

I had a big party Saturday night, and I served this, we had a few diabetic guests, so it was a huge hit..we had vodka and tequila on hand and they mixed their own drinks. I make this often though in the summertime, and keep it in the fridge, but with 6 kids, it's gone within an hour!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm allergic to aspertame. I have to drink everything regular. Any substitutions for the crystal light?
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    CRYSTAL LIGHT +VODKA is my go-to drink!:drinker:

Cherry/fruit punch flavor Crystal light + vanilla or berry flavored vodka is DELISH!!!
    ..sometimes a splash of soda too :heart:
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to aspertame. I have to drink everything regular. Any substitutions for the crystal light?

I think the Kool-Aid singles are made with just plain sugar. The only problem is that they're full of calories. D:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Great timing as I actually just found a new type of Crystal light without it! It's called 'Crystal Light Fitness' I got grape and really like it alot. It's so light and refreshing, typically I'm a water only person but I picked it up for something cool and different to try out. There are 3 flavors of the 'Light Fitness' that I know of, Grape, Strawberry Kiwi & Lemon Lime. They sell each one individually plus lately I've seen a sample pack for .99 that contains one of each flavor. Might be worth trying one out to see what you think as long as you can have the other ingredients. I like the idea of more natural coloring as well, I mean "PURPLE CARROT EXTRACT AND DRIED HIBISCUS FLOWER EXTRACT (FOR COLOR)." Come on, how great is that to see!?:tongue::happy:

Here's the ingredient list:

EVAPORATED CAN JUICE, CITRIC ACID, MALIC ACID, MALTODEXTRIN, CALCIUM LACTATE, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF NATURAL FLAVOR, REBIANA A NATURAL SWEETENER FROM THE STEVIA PLANT), POTATSSIUM CITRATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, SODIUM CITRATE, SALT, dRIED PURPLE CARROT EXTRACT AND DRIED HIBISCUS FLOWER EXTRACT (FOR COLOR).

Hope you find it's something you enjoy,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    A nice change from water....a little vodka in this and it would be plain out naughty!:laugh:

1 pouch (.5 of a 19.4g pkg.) crystal light strawberry orange banana drink mix......I used raspberry ice, cause I like it better :wink:
    3 cups cold water
    2 cans (355ml) diet lemon-lime soda......I used diet sprite, it's all I had
    1 cup finely chopped strawberries

Dissolve drink mix in cold water in a pitcher, stir in soda and berries just before serving, serve over ice...yummy! I froze some of this in ice cube trays and used that as my cubes, this way I avoided having water down juice :drinker:
    Sounds absolutely PERFECT for these hot humid days we're having!

Thanks again for great thread topic GF:wink:
    Becca:drinker:

Oh and I do like 'naughty' so I might give that try.....hee hee hee:tongue: