Healthy Rice Cooker recipes?

Options
We just got a new rice cooker and I need some healthy recipes!

Replies

• cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I would love some recipes as well!
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    I wanna rice cooker!
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    I usally just make some Jasmine rice in mine. I have found that any other rices other than white dont cook so well in the rice cooker. I usally cook up some rice and then make a stir fry out of it. or take lettus rappers and put a thin layer of rice and then veggies or chicken ect and roll it up
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Well I actually made this last nite and it's delicious my husband and kids love it too. So I start out with wheat rice and carrots, cook those in the rice cooker. While that's going I chop then saute Onions, Mushrooms, a red, yellow, and Green Bellpepper with freshly chopped Garlic (adding that in towards the end of sauteing the veggies) Now this sounds gross but it really really is delicous everyone who has ever eaten this knows that this is the best part, or you can leave it out if you'd like. SPAM LITE! I chop it into bite sized cubes, brown those a little on their own. I put half of this rice when it's finished into a big pan and put Soy sauce on it to fry it a little, then I mix the last half of the rice and carrots, veggies and meat in. Very very delicious. You can substitue the meat for turkey or chicken to make it healthier and add even more veggies, I also added corn and broccili into it last night. Makes alot too.

If your looking for something easy in the cooker (and that recpe really doesn't take long, just lot's of chopping) just put in your rice with whatever veggies you like and Vuala... a yummy little meal! :bigsmile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I usally just make some Jasmine rice in mine. I have found that any other rices other than white dont cook so well in the rice cooker. I usally cook up some rice and then make a stir fry out of it. or take lettus rappers and put a thin layer of rice and then veggies or chicken ect and roll it up

Mmmmm that sounds good. I'm gonna try those wrappers, thank you :)
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Now this sounds gross but it really really is delicous everyone who has ever eaten this knows that this is the best part, or you can leave it out if you'd like. SPAM LITE!

It's funny, my husband introduced me to this same basic idea and I thought "how gross!" at first too. Of course, his version doesn't include veggies, just spam, rice, and eggs. Still very tasty, albeit very salty! It may be a crazy mystery meat, but fried spam is tasty.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    my wife and i recently discovered pineapple coconut rice. it is essentially as it sounds:

3 cups rice
    1 can coconut milk
    1 cup water
    1 small can of crushed pineapple
    1 cup of coconut flakes
    1 cup small precooked shrimp (optional)

put the rice, coconut milk, and water in the rice steamer and cook for the usual time. when finished, mix in the rest of the ingredients.

simple, easy, and really good. this is good for 6 - 2 cup servings.
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    These sound so good. Thanks everybody!