My best running NSV ever

Options
Dad_of_3
Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
Now for most of you, this is small potatoes, but guess who leaped from running a half mile two days ago to a full mile today? THIS GUY- ME. I did it- and what a rush it was to make a goal I have been chasing for a year and a half! The only pause I took was to check my phone at a half mile to make sure I was fully at my turn-around spot- I did not want to drop my phone. It was a 10 second pause, that's it. Here's the screen shot from my running app:

null_zpsf4116919.png

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I've been "running" for about 9 months now, and still probably can't go a mile without a little stop Yay you! :)
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is a great accomplishment! Keep it up! :)
  • CeCe_711
    CeCe_711 Posts: 35
    Options
    that is fantastic!!!!!!! yay you! and this is not small potatoes! THIS is big news :0) good job!
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    THATS AWESOME!!!! I remember how exciting it was when i was finally able to do a mile all at once :) Keep up the great work!
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you! I remember when I hit my first mile. I found myself making progress to those 2nd and 3rd miles a lot more quickly after I made the first one. Keep up the awesome work!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a BIG sweet potato! I remember when I completed my first mile (doing the c25k). I don't have a phone to calculate, so after I ran, I drove the route in my car to make sure it was a mile. LOL. The milestones will keep coming and coming. It's so rewarding ~ congratulations again and keep it up! :)
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nice, I had the best walk/run ever today too. I do interval walking/running but log it as walking as running would give me a higher calorie burn but it would be false so I just take an average speed. I probably do 2/3 walking and 1/3 running at the moment but I'm sure that will change over the weeks, fingers crossed.
    I have a 5k Race For Life in July, it'll be my third race but I want to be able to run the whole route this year.
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Congratulations! What app are you using? It gives great feedback.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good job! That's exciting. What app is that?
  • Jedil
    Jedil Posts: 62
    Options
    Great accomplishment! These moments are the ones to remember to inspire your future amazing feats!:bigsmile:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I remember my first mile. I was so happy I was nearly in tears. Keep it up, and those victories will keep coming!!
  • Dad_of_3
    Options
    Thank you all for such great feedback! You all rock!

For those that asked, it is Pedometer Pro, but it does not integrate with my HRM.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pedometer-ultimate-gps-+/id475663221?mt=8
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. What's that app you're running?
  • Dad_of_3
    Options
    That's awesome. What's that app you're running?
    For those that asked, it is Pedometer Pro, but it does not integrate with my HRM.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pedometer-ultimate-gps-+/id475663221?mt=8
  • booker2shoes
    booker2shoes Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome! Keep up the good (and hard) work :-)
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    awesome job man. . I knew ya could do it!
  • TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!

Celebrate every small accomplishment!

I started in the same place, couldn't run a mile about a year ago, and now I am running 5-10 3x a week!

Keep with it!
  • Dad_of_3
    Options
    awesome job man. . I knew ya could do it!

Thank you sir!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!