Low Cal mixed drink once a month ?

Options
calling all my friends I haven't drank any alcohol in a month because I didn't want to mess up my weight loss once a month my husband and I want to have a few drinks so we don't feel deprived in our new lifestyle tonight my daughter is staying with my grandma what can I drink that will not derail my weight loss but still give me a buzz ?????? I I am still going to log today and I don't want to exceed 1500 calories on this once a month day I have been eating in the 1200-1370 range because that fills me up . I have been logging for 30 days and lost 12lbs and want to keep it up but I am 23 and my husband is 29 and my grandmother keeps my daughter once a month we would like to keep up our eating habits permenatly and have a fun day once a month but not excessive thanks so much :)

Replies

• michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    my go to is vodka mixed w/crystal lite or mio or any sugar free ice tea or lemonade mix....
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Once month? Yeah I think you'll be fine. I was drinking atleast once a week during my losing stages and I lost just fine.

I always stuck with vodka/soda though - clear, no sugars.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I would say drink what you would enjoy. It's only once a month. You won't derail yourself. It's important that we learn to enjoy life and it's little pleasures (in moderation) without feeling guilty. That said, you'll do better calorie wise if you stay away from sugary mix or coolers.
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    Once month? Yeah I think you'll be fine. I was drinking atleast once a week during my losing stages and I lost just fine.

I always stuck with vodka/soda though - clear, no sugars.

I have 100lbs to lose so that is why I'm being strict with myself maybe once I lose over 50 twice a month
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    So I shouldn't gain any of what I lost back drinking once a month ?
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    And you have lost 50lbs according to your ticker that makes me less nervous
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Just track the calories - if you're still in a deficit you'll still lose.

Alcohol is no different to food.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    And you have lost 50lbs according to your ticker that makes me less nervous

more than once a month :drinker:
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Girl! I drink at least once a week! It's hard to give up my love for wine (: I am still steadily losing around 2lbs per week.

I thought about trying Skinny Margaritas tonight...

can of frozen diet limeade
    12 oz. tequilla
    24 oz. diet Sprite
    one Corona Light

I haven't had them yet, so don't blame me if they are yucky!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Just track the calories - if you're still in a deficit you'll still lose.

Alcohol is no different to food.

Not really. Alcohol is actually a poison.

Less body fat is burned. Alcohol is converted to acetate by the body, and it serves as a quick-burning fuel source. Acetate cannot be stored so the body uses it for energy before it turns to carbohydrates or fat. When acetate from alcohol is available for energy, it becomes much more difficult to burn the fat necessary for weight loss.

Empty calories. One gram of alcohol contains seven calories, but unlike calories from carbohydrates, fat, and protein, alcohol offers little nutritional benefit. A high-calorie cocktail or a couple regular beers can easily cause you to exceed your daily calorie requirement without providing the body with added nutrition.

https://www.myfooddiary.com/blog/archive/2012/4/26/4-ways-alcohol-prevents-weight-loss

ETA: If you want to drink once a month go ahead. It may stall loss for a couple days, but it's not the end of the world.
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    I know once a month sounds restrictive when I get to the 50lbs down mark I might let myself have alcohol more often but I'm kinda trying to prove a point to myself at this point something along the lines of when I work hard enough to get my body in better condition it will be able to handle more because I mean at my weight I got here by being excessive I don't want to be that anymore
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    As long as you drink in moderation and keep it within your calories and macro targets, it will not hinder your weight loss. For me that means about 2 drinks a few times a week. Any more than that and I have trouble fitting it in if I'm losing weight. That said, I find that extra cardio is very helpful with providing some extra "fun" calories.
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    thank you all for your reply so far I will be logging on that once a month day which is today as you can see I have logged so far my diary is public so I will use some of the calories from today and make a few mixed drinks which i will log maybe diet soda and rum thats what I'm thinking
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    one fatty meal won't make you fat any more than one salad will make you skinny. the same applies here. this is you life, not a diet. you have to continue to live your life. if not what's the point. drink whatever you like. enjoy it. enjoy time with your husband. yeah don't down 6 strawberry daiquiries but mostly only because it'll give you a tummy ache.

personally i drink straight whiskey.

eta - i have lost 54 pounds and i drink regularly. at least a couple times a week.
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    one fatty meal won't make you fat any more than one salad will make you skinny. the same applies here. this is you life, not a diet. you have to continue to live your life. if not what's the point. drink whatever you like. enjoy it. enjoy time with your husband. yeah don't down 6 strawberry daiquiries but mostly only because it'll give you a tummy ache.

thanks
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I love beer!! :drinker:
    If I know I'm going to have a couple I just make sure to work out & burn some extra calories. Normally 3 draft DosXX is the perfect amount for me and that's 390 calories which is only about 45 minutes on the treadmill.
  • ChantalAguiar
    ChantalAguiar Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's the best, add a lemon or lime squeeze too for a little flavor!
  • Aweaver1990
    Options

thanks

oh and no worries on the dauquris Ive always been more of a liquer and beer chick
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    That's the best, add a lemon or lime squeeze too for a little flavor!
    that sounds like a good idea
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    had to give up beer because ill drink like 6-8 and i know i would so LOL