tongue piercing???

Joshsjen
Joshsjen Posts: 121 Member
Going through a quarter life crisis! really want to get my tongue pierced! Is it totally ridiculous after age 19?

Replies

• JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    I don't think so. I had mine peirced for a very long time. I only took it out when I started working for the government. I say get it! :smile:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    I think a tongue piercing is one of the better ones to get because it's easier to hide it on the job. I just noticed after 1 1.2 years that my boss has hers pierced and I've been talking with her daily.
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    I got mine about 8 years ago... I'm now 30 & still have it in.

If you want it, get it.... who cares what anyone else thinks :bigsmile:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    got mine at 18. had it in and out, for months/years at a time, since--never closed. i'm 32. i love mine.
  • I got mine when i was 17 im now nearly 22 and still have it, sometimes ive thought of taking it out as im too old but then think who cares what others think! if u want it go for it :happy: :tongue:
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Got mine pierced at 20...took it out before boot camp. I miss it! No I don't like dudes. (Not that theres anything wrong with that).
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Going through a quarter life crisis! really want to get my tongue pierced! Is it totally ridiculous after age 19?

I think so. I had one when I was 19.
    Sorry to offend, but I think they make us look cheap, that's why I took mine out.
    Then again, my drunken quarter life crisis I pierced my nipples, which are even easier to hide, so take my opinion with a grain of salt :blushing:

ETA: I didn't like that I don't think I tasted food as well and kissing wasn't as nice.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    I got mine about 8 years ago... I'm now 30 & still have it in.

If you want it, get it.... who cares what anyone else thinks :bigsmile:

^^^^^^

No it's not ridiculous after age 19! I've never had one, but I've always wanted one. I also made out with a guy with a tongue piercing when I was younger. It was great ;)
  • I've got mine done three times and I'm 21 and I intend on keeping them in for many years ;)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member

if you need the validation of people online, then i'd say don't do it.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    If you want it.... get it :) I got mine done when I was 20 and am almost 36... I'll probably have it when I'm 80 lol Its just a part of who I am now.
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    I pierced mine when I was 17 but got bored of the piercing 1 year later. My cousin which at that time was 26 pierced her tongue two weeks after me because she liked it so much on me hahah :D so it's never late!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    I really want one as well. I'd say do it if you want! You can always take it out later.
  • white_horse
    white_horse Posts: 36 Member
    I got mine done when I was 30 or 31 (34 now). If you want it - go for it. I had wanted another piercing for awhile but hadn't found a place I trusted to do it. My husband was checking out places to get a tattoo done and I happened to find a place I was comfortable with getting piercings done. So while he was sitting for a tattoo session I was getting my tongue pierced.

How easy it is to see all depends on the placement of it. Where they have to place it depends on your tongue. They were able to place mine farther back so it's not very noticeable. I've had people who have known me for years not notice it until years later.

For me it was the fastest healing piercing and the least troublesome piercing. (Lower ears were slow to heal, upper ear was never done right, naval migrated out). I love mine and would do it again.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    A few years ago I was going to get my tongue pierced. Then the piercer went over the list of all the things I couldn't eat or drink and the fact that I would have to use Listerine after everything I put in my mouth in order to make sure it didn't get infected I opted against it.

Also I didn't want to risk having my taste buds screwed up from it and not being able to taste any more.
  • angelfish257
    angelfish257 Posts: 81 Member
    I say do it - got mine at 22 and I'm 34 now

One thing I will say though, the positioning of it can make a massive difference and it's all to do with the veins in your tongue - that's why some folk do it and it sits really close to the front of their mouth and is really visible, whereas in others it sits much further back in the mouth and is much more discreet.

Any good piercer will check this out and will be able to advise on where the bar would be positioned for you.

I love mine and I'd miss it if i took it out - take extra care of my teeth and tongue etc, never had any problems and my dentist is happy its well looked after.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think it is.
    But I'm just some random dude on the internet, so what do I know..
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    I hate it, it just makes girls look cheap. My twin finally got rid of hers a couple years ago (she had it since she was like 14-16) and it did some damage to her teeth.

When I see a girl with a tongue ring the first thing that comes to mind is "man she must give a lot of oral sex." Why else would you want it there?