Low calorie PopTart and IceCream alternative

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Pop-tarts and icecream are really good, its like sweet honey nectar. Except its in two fruit filler pastries and has ice cream in it.
  • BlessedOne2019
    BlessedOne2019 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mmm, chocotacos! I loved those things! prob a little too much! My favorite unguilty treat is to freeze yogurt. Def not the same as ice cream, but gives me a good treat when I am wanting something!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    how amusing.

lol.gif

and to you i say:

oh-heeeell-to-the-no.gif
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    This thread was funny, but got a lot funnier due to the people defending the OP because they thought she was serious.

Also reading this made me want an poptart ice cream sandwich.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    You are dead to me!

literally snort-laughed :)
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't taste "the same" and for me that is a good thing, since I am off sugar, gluten, artificially processed crap, and empty calories, myself. I agree that trying to compare the taste, texture, and so forth is pretty silly, though. But it IS an alternative ... LMAO!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    My son loves pop tart ice cream sandwiches....I steal a bite just to taste it!!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Ironically, until this post, I have never wanted a pop tart ice cream sandwich. Now I must have one. I don't even like pop tarts.

I'm with you!
    i LOVE this post. It's so great.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    This thread was funny, but got a lot funnier due to the people defending the OP because they thought she was serious.

Also reading this made me want an poptart ice cream sandwich.

And it's even FUNNIER that you called Bill a she. :) I have the junk pix to say different

Wait, what?
  • mikurulove10
    Options
    I'll be honest, that actually sounds very delicious. I've never had Pop Tarts and ice cream, so I can't say what a good/bad substitute it is, but I ought to try it regardless! Thanks for the idea uvu
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Ironically, until this post, I have never wanted a pop tart ice cream sandwich. Now I must have one. I don't even like pop tarts.

i hear that
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I thought this was serious but then I saw it was you.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I would rather eat the pop-tart :drinker:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Hahahaha, great post OP!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember chocotacos? Those were great!

Chocotacos are very fine. I also remember one from kidhood called a GrahamDaddy that was butter pecan ice cream between two graham crackers with a thin coating of hard butterscotch (like the stuff they dip your cone in at DQ).

I should not be on this thread right now.
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HA! This is so funny to me. I have a popsicle, or if I am feeling CRAZY i will have a frozen eggo waffle (still frozen) with cool whip frosting on top. Still not the same, but sweet and cold and chewy.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    this just makes me want the REAL poptart ice cream sandwich even more....
    I know right?! I wasn't even craving one... Now I am! :grumble:
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing pasta substitute as well!

Take:
    papertowel_zps2ca9f74f.jpg

cut the paper towels and roll them into little spirals, just like pasta!

Add: 2 parts water mixed in with 1 part low sodium ketchup...

Voila! A great a easy, low cal pasta substitute for when you have that carb craving. Sometimes I get a little adventurous and sprinkle on some of Cocoa's cat nip on it (only 5 calories!!!) in place of herbs.

Oh! And don't forget to eat it while watching food network! Helps boost the flavors and texture of the paper towel and aid you with your imagination :wink:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    When I have a really strong urge to get a triple chipotle whopper w cheese meal (onion rings of course, and russian dressing instead of ketchup) from BK, a large chocolate frosty from wendy's with crumbled oreo in it, a large apple pie a la cold stone from cold stone, and a dozen donuts from Dunkin, here's what I do:

I get a head of broccoli and boil it for an hour so any taste it once had is now gone. Then I put a tiny dash of chipotle seasoning and a quarter teaspoon of onion powder. I serve it up on a paper 'plate' made of pictures of apple, chocolate, oreos, and donuts...

...then I realize that I'd rather go out on a dinner date with the coach than eat that.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I was hoping people could also post other low calorie or low fat alternatives to yummy treats.

Here is a good alternative to just ice cream

sqMacadamiamash.jpg

http://the10centdesigner.com/eats/fluffy-macadamia-cauliflower-mash/

Instead of garlic add a few drops of vanilla - delicious :bigsmile:

Edit: I resized - honest :sad: