Belly Pooch!!

Options
Was just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting rid of that darn belly pooch..........I've lost a lot of weight and that dang pooch just seems to want to hang around...........I have found that that is the hardest place for me to lose weight..........I do cardio and weights three to four times a week, it has gotten smaller, but I don't know maybe I just wish it would get smaller faster..........haha..........Any suggestions??

Replies

• KayZay
    KayZay Posts: 2
    Options
    Have tried the lower stomach crunches? Those work good
    ! I've been doing them for a few day and I can already tell the difference.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Was just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting rid of that darn belly pooch..........I've lost a lot of weight and that dang pooch just seems to want to hang around...........I have found that that is the hardest place for me to lose weight..........I do cardio and weights three to four times a week, it has gotten smaller, but I don't know maybe I just wish it would get smaller faster..........haha..........Any suggestions??

leg raises - lay on the ground and pull your legs off the ground and hold - repeat. Do as many as you can and then continue

bicycle crunches - hold your legs at a 90 degree angle and alternate the opposite leg and arm - this gets upper and lower abs
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I've asked my trainer about this and she told me that the only way to get rid of the fat on top of your abs is cardio. The crunches and things build the muscle underneath that they won't torch the fat on top. They could help you to make it look smaller because it's tightening the muscle. I would say kick it up a notch with cardio. Do you even swim? That's a good fat blaster.

I know my answer is frustrating because when she told me this I was like, "OMG how much more cardio can I possible do!?" but I think it really does just take a lot of time and dedication.

Good luck!
  • mallieh
    mallieh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do reverse crunches and they are hard but you can really tell the difference. One type I do is i lay on my back with my hands flat on the floor next to my sides. I raise my legs up so my body creates a 90 degree angle from the floor. Then I lower my legs with control only about 6 inches, then raise them back up to the 90 degree position. Repeating this really engages the lowest abs that connect your torso to your pelvis.
    Another exercise begins the same way as the last one, except instead of lowering your legs only 6 inches, you create a slight bend in the knee and point your toes and bring your legs to the floor and just barely tap the floor with yours toes. You bring your legs back up and repeat. Make sure that instead of speeding through this workouts, you do them slowly so you can really feel your muscles engaging.

hope that helps !
  • twingirls05
    Options
    I previously lost 100 lbs and I know that my belly pooch will never go away b/c at this point, it's excess skin...and the only thing that will get rid of it is a tummy tuck. I've gotten down 158 lbs to a size 8 and medium tops...still can't wear anything fitted b/c I'm so self conscious of my stomach. Stinks...but that's the price I have to pay for becoming so obese in the first place :( Plus, after I lost the 100 lbs, I had 3 kids (twins and a singleton) in 3 years. My stomach is shot!

So, if you have lost a lot of weight, it could just be extra skin that won't go away.
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info............I know that my trainer as well told me, that with the pooch, its cardio to get rid of it.......many have also said, that sure you can do the ab exercises but they might make your pooch look bigger since the fat is sitting on top of tones muscle.............I think i'll just cut it off........hahaha........but what a pain in the butt it is........ Twingirl....Congrats on your accompllishment!! Keep up the great work!!