5 weeks on this and lost 10lbs....AMAZING

Options
Well, I have to say that this site is the best.....I'm 50 next year and recently thought that my weight was going to be hard to shift, another "age thing" in the past I've tried weightwatchers, scottish slimmers and various other diets to no avail....the key is to write down everything you eat and stick to a calorie controlled diet.....and this site does it all for you.....AMAZING.

I'm going mad with the exercise too, which is a must.....that walk lets me have a lovely glass of wine with my meal (or two)!!!! Joined the Gym...swimming....aerobics (kills me) and walk at lunchtime every day....feeling great - much fitter and all in 5 weeks....would recommend this to anyone looking to lose some pounds....

So looking forward to the recipe feature....really need some ideas....I love to cook and find that home cooking is more difficult to calculate....with a bit of this and a bit of that thrown in....but with the recipe calculator, it's all done for you.....brilliant idea, so get your recipes in to build up the ideas....can't wait.

So here's to my goal - "FIT FOR MY FIFTY'S"

Replies

• blbeane
    blbeane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! I feel the same way, love this site and my iphone app (they sync together) to track calories, fat, protein, and carbs.... plus all my exercise.
  • esaxmcd
    esaxmcd Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree, using my iphone app at the gym helps me keep track of the calories I burned and let me know how much of it I can used towards my caloric intake for the day. Hitting the gym and turning up the burn really help me get over those plateaus that everyone talks about with the weightwatchers diet, no more points for me. Haven't tried the recipe builder yet, just mainly trying to find the healthy side of fast foods since I have such a hectic schedule working the second shift and utilizing the quietness of the gym during the day.

Good luck to ya all, since joining this site I am down fifteen pounds in 20 days who would've ever thought it would be this easy.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You're so right!! I love this place. I've lost almost 20 pounds in 7 months and have lost at least 18 inches all over my body. I've gone from a tight 14 to a baggy 12!! :happy: I LOVE working out and feel so lazy right now 'cause I didn't work out last Monday through Friday and tomorrow will be my first of the week. I gave myself a rest time and now I'm DYING to get back to my work outs!!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing? I'm down almost 22 lbs in 6 months (or so) and I'm LOVING being fit! I swim or bike every single day.

Heck I don't even watch much TV anymore! With all this energy, I'm keeping my house cleaner, playing more with my kids and enjoying LIFE!