Eating after 7:00pm

Options
2»

Replies

• Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i read that you shouldn't after 9pm but each to their own, i try not to eat late usually have dinner by six, if i get hungry i have a glass of milk. i don't think it really makes a difference though
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't even get home from work until 7pm. That not eating after X time is total BS - these people who have their entire day complete by 7 have way too much time on their hands.

No need be snarky. Maybe they are lucky enough to have too much time on their hands. Or maybe they just live life on a different schedule than you. It's all good.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner with my kids at 5pm, by 8/9pm I'm hungry so I always save calories for a snack.

I think a lot of people are drawn to junk food late at night but if you can eat healthily I wouldn't worry about it. After all, it's worked for you so far.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't even get home from work until 7pm. That not eating after X time is total BS - these people who have their entire day complete by 7 have way too much time on their hands.

Or they go to work at 4 AM, like a handful of people I know.
  • kristajeanb
    Options
    Definitely! I eat when I'm hungry, it's not healthy to do otherwise. As long as it's a healthy food, there's no issue.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Always. I do my best snacking after 7:00pm, and often after 11pm. And if I'm wide awake, I'll even splurge and get an early start to the next day's calories by having something at 1:00am :)

I think as long as you're adhering to "calories in" < "calories out" formula, and it's working for you, then eat as late as you want.
  • idaholawchick
    idaholawchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I easily eat at least 60% of my calories after 6 pm. That's just when I tend to be hungry. I don't see the point in eating more during the day when I really don't want it. Anyway, it hasn't hindered my progress at all.
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I try not to. Because sometimes once I start - it's difficult to stop.
    I try to reach for water or herbal teas that are flavoured instead of eating.
    But, if I am starving, I will have a snack that is a mix of protein and carbs. I try to leave room
    in my calorie budget for the day for things like that.