Running and thirst

Options
So I just finished a c25k. In fact my first 5k was last Sunday. I am moving on to do 10k and then a half. Being from the Seattle area, the air is usually moist and cool. With the weather warming up, the air drying up, and my runs getting longer, I find my throat so uncomfortable dry. Normally I don't need water during a run. I don't really want to carry a water bottle, so I thought I'd come here and ask what others do to quench their thirst or at least moisten their mouth and throat while running. Suggestions?

Replies

• mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If I get thirsty I just deal, though I don't do more than about 5 miles at a time. But my friend used to chew gum. I couldn't do that. With my luck I'd choke.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If I get thirsty I just deal, though I don't do more than about 5 miles at a time. But my friend used to chew gum. I couldn't do that. With my luck I'd choke.

So far I have just dealt with it but my runs are going from 35-45 minutes to 50-70 minutes. I was thinking gum too.
  • jbolnick
    jbolnick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I first started running I had that problem more. I would chew gum to help. I have purchased a water belt for my long runs and have gotten used to wearing it now. Good luck!