Low Cal mixed drink once a month ?

Options
2»

Replies

• srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually go for wine and if I'm out at a bar vs a drink at home I alternate water/drink. It's not stalled my weight loss. I just record everything. I've probably had a drink (or more) 1-2 times a month since January. I'm actually meeting an old high school friend out tonight and plan on enjoying a few drinks!! Enjoy!!
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 glasses of wine 3-4 nights a week with dinner. It's not enough to give me a buzz, but it is enough to enjoy with a meal and fit into my calorie goals without too many problems. I've lost 9 pounds in about three weeks, eating probably on average about 1800 - 1900 calories a day. I'm just trying to eat very healthfully and still enjoy the indulgences (like wine, cheese, the occasional dessert) that make life pleasurable.
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    I have been trying to drink every other weekend. I enjoy drinking. When I drink I drink a bottle of Skinny Girl Pina Colada which is like 3 glasses and its around 577 calories. Then I take some shots of Jager with it. Those are around 100 calories per shot. I like to have at least 5 shots! I also do 1200 calories a day plus exercise calories, which is usually around 200 a day. I wouldn't be able to eat at all if I stayed in my calories! Not a good idea to drink when you have not ate all day. I really want to drink this weekend but I drank last weekend so I'm trying to talk myself out of drinking.
    I did have an idea if anybody could answer this question. Would it be ok to not eat back say my 200 exercise calories each day (Mon-Fri) and have about 1000 calories left and then use those to drink on weekends? Does it work that way?
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    So I shouldn't gain any of what I lost back drinking once a month ?

If you're going over your calories repeatedly you might gain. Drinking ONCE a month is not going to do that. Why are you doing things to lose that you don't sound like you're willing to do to maintain your lower weight?
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    what do you all measure your alcohol wit a normal size shot glass is 1.5ounces right
  • Aweaver1990
    Options

If you're going over your calories repeatedly you might gain. Drinking ONCE a month is not going to do that. Why are you doing things to lose that you don't sound like you're willing to do to maintain your lower weight?

What I was saying maybe I typed it in a confusing way is that I had bad habits which I am trying to change for good but I would like to let loose once a month maybe twice a month down the road when I exercise more vigorously and have proved to myself that this is a lifestyle change. I want to have a day once a month where my husband and I enjoy some alcohol, I donot plan to return to drinking on a regular basis even after i have lost the large amount I need o lose because I don't think my habits where healthy. I am asking for advice about what kinds of drinks can fit into 1500 or below calories on our once a month date nights.
  • Aweaver1990
    Options

What I was saying maybe I typed it in a confusing way is that I had bad habits which I am trying to change for good but I would like to let loose once a month maybe twice a month down the road when I exercise more vigorously and have proved to myself that this is a lifestyle change. I want to have a day once a month where my husband and I enjoy some alcohol, I donot plan to return to drinking on a regular basis even after i have lost the large amount I need o lose because I don't think my habits where healthy. I am asking for advice about what kinds of drinks can fit into 1500 or below calories on our once a month date nights.
    '

I MEANT I THINK MY HABITS WHERE UNHEALTHY LOL SORRY
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I would just suggest losing weight as "normally" as possible without resorting to too many extremes. It's easier to stick to that way in the long run instead of getting fed up and quitting or gaining everything back.
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    I would just suggest losing weight as "normally" as possible without resorting to too many extremes. It's easier to stick to that way in the long run instead of getting fed up and quitting or gaining everything back.

I totally understand what your saying My husband and I both are just changing bad habits we have had for years and I'm not doing it all at once I havent even quit smoking cigarettes yet LOL.... I'm a work in progress so to speak but thank you for saying that I heard the same thing from many family members you cant stick to that etc I know its well intended so thank you for the advice I get where you are coming from