Soda Stream

Options
Will_Thrust_For_Candy
Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
I have started thinking about getting one.

Any reviews?

Replies

• Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I bought my 23 year old son one for Christmas last year and absolutely loves it.
  • matabiau
    matabiau Posts: 59
    Options
    i have one but i only use it with simple water not adding flavoured 'cause theyre are all full of rubbishes like aspartam
  • Fitmom2b2012
    Options
    We have had one for a few months now and really love it. The calories are reduced and you can control the amount of carbination in the water. The calorie count per serving is 35 calories for the regular soda and 0 for the diet soda flavors.
  • matabiau
    matabiau Posts: 59
    Options
    and it's cheaper than sparkling water you buy in malls
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've had one for several years, and my whole family enjoys it!
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! My grandma bought it for my mom (and then i stole it) because it's awesome!
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i have one but i only use it with simple water not adding flavoured 'cause theyre are all full of rubbishes like aspartam
    oh yes, me too
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    worth it. love mine.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Wow you guys are really making this decision easy!

Did you find it to end up saving you money after the initial cost to buy the system?
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I got one for free and did not care for it at all
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

You're cuddling with a tiger. Don't be a p*ssy about the aspartame.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with mine (Genesis version), I'm not a brand snob so their versions of diet soda taste just fine to me. I'm not happy with their flavored water though. I got mine at Bed,Bath & Beyond with their 20% coupon and I use their coupons to get the mixes as well. It's great that you can make any flavor any time you want to instantly, no lugging cans or bottles or having to store or recycle.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've had one for a few years, too. It makes good soda.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i love the flavoring. i've got diet cola, orange soda, diet giner ale, and lemon-lime (sprite). i don't care if they give me cancer.
  • tikkathyme
    tikkathyme Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use mine just to make sparkling water and I love it! The CO2 cartridges last a long time (several months for me) and are less than $15 to replace. I don't love that there is splenda in the flavorings, and I'm not a big soda drinker anyway, but it's nice to have the flavorings available for if I want something a bit different or have friends over.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    Have one and LOVE it! I am actually using it to help ween myself off soda. I use it to carbonate water. Then I add organic vanilla extract and maybe some organic stevia for all-natural diet cream soda or some lemon juice, some lime juice, and some stevia for all natural diet Sprite!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    This is great information! Thanks so much :)

I don't care too much about the aspartame but that being said, if there are flavorings that don't have it then that's great too!