Your Soul Mate workout

Options
Do you have a "soul mate" workout? One that you love to do. That gets you excited to workout. It just feels "right". When you find it, exercising is SO MUCH EASIER!! But to find it you have to be willing to try new things. I have done a lot of new programs over the past year and my soul mate is still running. (Although I have found lots of other things I like to do to mix it up.) Nothing makes me feel quite like I do when finished w/ a run. (Insanity was close though.) And my other love is strength training. Those 2 together are my perfect workout! If you aren't "gelling" with your workout, I encourage you to try something new.
If you found it, share with us what it is. If you haven't, share with us the things you know you definitely don't like. :)

www.facebook.com/kelli.hulst.1

Replies

• purpleprose78
    Options
    Hoop dancing and I use the term dancing very loosely as well, I'm not really a dancer. I feel great. The calorie burn is okay and I get all those nice dancing/running endorphins. :)

I used to be a runner. I used to play tennis. My knees and and ankles have begun rebelling lately when I try those things and hooping is a bit more low impact on the joints. (I'm also considering rejoining a gym so I can go to body pump classes again. I liked those and again they weren't quite as hard on the knees and ankles as some types of exercise.)

Note: I've dealt with knee and ankle injuries in the last year or so.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hot yoga. Love it.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Running.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Running.

Yogilates.

Which are a killer combination.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Heavy Lifting is my soul mate workout. Lifting makes my soul soar, makes me feel complete, works my body like nothing else can.

Running is a dirty little fling I have on the side. Some days it's perfect and mind blowing and other days it's horrible and emotionally draining. But it gives me something that lifting can't, so I keep it around.....
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    running, kickboxing : )
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought you meant the workout you do with your soulmate, haha!!!

Since that's not what you meant, I love me some hot yoga.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing & Zumba/dancing
  • jay10587
    jay10587 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    RUNNING!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Heavy Lifting is my soul mate workout. Lifting makes my soul soar, makes me feel complete, works my body like nothing else can.

Running is a dirty little fling I have on the side. Some days it's perfect and mind blowing and other days it's horrible and emotionally draining. But it gives me something that lifting can't, so I keep it around.....

Hahahaha...this is totally true!
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wendler 5/3/1. I would marry it if it was socially acceptable.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Dancing for sure. I'm terrible and no matter how much I do it I never get beyond "beginner", but I love it and work up a good sweat.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting. With a little swim on the side.

I hate exercise. Lifting isn't exercise to me...it's fun, and it's beneficial...kind of like eating. And swimming isn't exercise, it's fun, but it's my summer love.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Taebo.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Swimming, LOTS of swimming - the wonderful challenge of beating my last time, squeezing in another 100 m in the time I have, learning a new stroke, improving my form, the solitude. Perfect, easy on the joints, and a great workout. If I had my preference, I don't think I'd ever get OUT of the pool... unless it was too hot/cold - that will ruin a pool day in a hurry.

Lifting has become my second love, since the human body isn't designed to stay submerged forever.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sh'bam (dancing) - it is the new love of my life :)
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    elliptical and strength training for me :D
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What about weights?
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I am with you on this!!