New Beginner

Options
Hello, a friend told me about fitnesspal and I've been tracking for one week so far. A little frustrated as I have put on a couple pounds since beginning, I did really good during the week for calories and exercising but the weekend came and BAM calories out the window. Saturday being the worst day of all. Suggestions for controlling the weekends???

Replies

• GirlTenney
    GirlTenney Posts: 33
    Options
    good question! My weekends are bad too!
  • suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    My weekends are usually pretty bad too. I think it's due to the fact that we tend to be more social on weekends and when we're socializing, we eat and drink. Also, we don't have designated times to stop and eat, like most people do during the week. I can't say much for drinking, because other than not drinking, there really isn't much you can do to cut back those calories. However, we can make healthier choices when we're eating..even if we're out for dinner with friends. If your dinner options are higher in calories, try to eat less of it...or if you know you're going out for dinner, just have a light snack for lunch. It's a tough one, but it can be done. Good luck!!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Since starting 3 weekends ago Ive had 1 wedding and 4 partys one being friday night 2 on saturday and a childs on sunday. Its the busiest I have been all year!!! I am trying to cancel out the bad cals at weekends by doing a hour and a half exercise on the wii saturday morning and sunday morning if the hangover isn't too bad.. This gives me extra cals to work with and then because i feel guilty try not to have anymore treats for a couple of days.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I started...lots of summer BBQ's, weddings, and birthday parties. I use the exercise journal as a way of keeping myself in check. There was one day I would jump on my elliptical for 5 minutes in between chores or while the kids were napping just so I could be one step closer to "earning" another beer in the evening :drinker:
  • scadams4
    scadams4 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you, I'm really going to try harder this weekend. I really think keeping track of things it makes you accountable and realize where "cutbacks" and or different choices need to be made. I'm really excited about this and looking forward to changes that will result in a thinner me.:bigsmile: