FRIDAY (April 26) MINI CHALLENGE (w/ super challenge option)

Options
jesindc
jesindc Posts: 724 Member
100 PUSH UPS!

If this is your second (or more) time doing these, try to beat your previous # by 5 or 10! Be sure to brag when you’re done!

Great for your arms/core.

Break them up.

ANY KIND COUNTS!

Super Challenge Option: You might remember this from previous months… my very good friend once wrote to me, “I see your 100 push-ups and I raise you 100 squats and 100 sit-ups.” I said, “you’re crazy,” but I accepted. Basically, we did 10 push-ups (any kind still counts), rolled over and did 10 sit-ups (or crunches if you prefer), and then 10 squats. Repeat for a total of 10 sets. This might sound crazy, but I find that breaking it up like this and focusing on another muscle group briefly, makes it easier for me to get though all 100 push ups. If you’re really feeling inspired, last month one of MFP friends raised up 10 planks. Make it a great kick-off to the weekend.

Be sure to come back and tell us what you did!

Replies

• LosingitinWY
    LosingitinWY Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks for the challenge....sounds....uhm.......well FUN!!! :) OR something along the lines of fun/torture/pain ya know ;)
  • sanna104
    sanna104 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in for Super Challenge
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the super challenge.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Super challenge it is.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am in on the pushups. I am going to try the super challenge but my hip is still screaming at me from all the leg lifts yesterday.
  • LosingitinWY
    LosingitinWY Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Challenge complete! THANK-YOU! I feel pretty dang good right now! I did a warm-up first, stretched and then did 4 sets of 25 each: push-ups (only 15 were "real"...15 total that is), squats, and sit-ups (sit-ups were modified.....1 set worked right oblique, 1 set worked left oblique, 1 set worked lower abs and 1 set worked upper abs. I held plank for 25 seconds in between each set. I then cooled down and stretched again.
    Thanks for this challenge today!!!!
  • jan112
    jan112 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm in but I did not complete my leg lifts from yesterday so I will get those done today also!
  • tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going in for the super challenge, esp after vacation. I need a good butt kicking! Did you break them up into sessions, or just did them all straight (for the super challenge)?
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Done! I did the first 50 as sets of 10 pushups/crunches. Then 30 minutes on the treadmill. And finished off with sets of 10 pushups/situps with sets of 25 squats in between. I think I will feel this a bit tomorrow. Loved this one! My favorite yet.
  • Gakaiser2005
    Gakaiser2005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Gonna give it a try. Going for super challenge
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Done! Did it in sets of 10. 10 of each and then a :30 plank. Loved this!
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    Sounds good. A good challenge for a Friday afternoon once work is done.
  • Gakaiser2005
    Gakaiser2005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YAY. I did the super challenge with plank and added jumping jacks to it. Thank you, I really need that.
  • sanna104
    sanna104 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Super challenge done.
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    YAY! 50 pushups 110 squats and 45 second plank down!
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm in! might have to do them in sets at night shift tonight though as I don't have much time left at home and still have to eat dinner and get ready to go to work. going for the super challenge!
  • pghsmiles
    pghsmiles Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • jan112
    jan112 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    And done!! Thanks!
  • sjenkin6
    sjenkin6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Half-way through! So outta shape, I gotta break it up. But I think I will add this on a daily basis, thanks!