Had a birthday and overate for 3 days - advice?

Options
Hi

I had my mother's 60th birthday on Wednesday and she had lots of amazing bad food. So for the 3 days since I have been eating cake and all sorts of yummy stuff and the calorie counting went out the door.

Do you think it will make much difference the my weight or cancel out my hard work in the last 3 weeks? My jeans are feeling tighter but I don't know if it's my imagination!

Any advice?

Replies

• JessicaPacheco39
    Options
    Well first of all don't beat yourself up everyone indulges once in a while. Second get back on track Drink lots of water Stay off the scale. for a couple of days and maybe kick up your exercise routine.:wink:
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    dont worry about it and go back to business as usual.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I doubt you ate enough to cancel out 3 weeks of eating right. You may see a standstill on the scale this week. Just start back with counting calories again.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    OI agree just start over there is nothing you can do about it :flowerforyou:
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd say get on the scale, see what "damage" you did or didn't do, and then get back at it. Ignorance of the facts won't make them go away. What's done is done. Forgive yourself and move on!! :wink: You can do this!!
  • meyerstwilight6
    meyerstwilight6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The main thing is.. this should be treated as re learning how to eat for life. Life entails falling off the normal track and over indulging. All you can do is leave it in the past and get back on track.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    dont overeat for 4 days lol. seriously though, Its okay to take breaks, Just dont let it become a regular habit. You are fine. 3 days cant destroy much of any progress. but it can if you dont get in control of it soon. Good luck
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    I agree with drinking water and exercising. If you've gained weight most of it will be water retention. I agree with the other post just get back on track, and it will quickly come off.
  • LynneM150
    LynneM150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i just got back from 4 day vacation where i didnt track and I ate a lot of crap. Yeah i came back bloated but a few days back on track with plenty of water and some exercise and it will all drop off again. This happens whenever i go on holiday, I lose my momentum. Its something I'll need to work on but i do know from experience that an occasional blow out doesnt ruin everything else you've achieved. Just get back on track and you'll be great :)
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't look back at what you did (or didn't do) yesterday. Focus on the change you want to see in yourself and what you're going to do today to reach your fitness goals. If stepping on the scale will motivate you to change, then do it. If it will cause you to give up or beat yourself up, then don't weigh yourself. Get back to logging, everyday even when you eat a lot of empty calories or go over your allotment. It's not ALWAYS about staying under your goals. It's sometimes about being self-aware of what goes into one's mouth and being able to see it logged and make changes if needed/wanted. Don't have a pity party about overeating. Make a plan about what you'll do the next time there's a party or event with tons of food. Planning ahead can make all the difference. Sometimes I've even looked at a birthday party the same way I now look at a bar full of liquor (I'm 18 years sober). There are some things that I can choose to eat. Some things are just plain off limits. I'm not saying you should do what I do. I'm just saying a little pre-party preparation and self-talk can do a lot.
    Remember to be kind to yourself and look forward not backward. Hang in there!