21 yrs old, 245 lbs & ready to lose!

Options
Hello Everyone! I've been on here about 2 weeks and I looking for those around the same weight to buddy up with. My goals are to lose 5 lbs each month and to be down to 220 by the first of December. I know it's a very ambitious goal, but I'm absolutely ready to quit dieting and make a lifestyle change in my life :) Hope to hear from you soon!

p.s. Any advice or support would definitely be appreciated!!

Replies

• Slim115
    Slim115 Posts: 20
    Options
    hi, welcome, do you have a diet plan? if not google HCG, i have been loosing 1/2 pound a day! pure body fat! Let me know what you think. nothing else has EVER worked for me to get my weight off.

Christina
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :)
  • sunshinegrrrl
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I'm 24 and weigh just a bit more than you, I'm currently 254 lbs! Welcome to the site!
  • Lauren882
    Lauren882 Posts: 102
    Options
    I was in the EXACT same boat. I started the website the day my sister got engaged because I did NOT want to face a bridesmaids dress. I started this site at 230, 5'2 last July. By that September I had lost 25lbs strictly from following this site and eating only the amount of calories it told me, about 1500. That September I experienced a slight plateau and had to suck it up and start working out.

From that Septemeber through February I had dropped 42lbs. After my sister's wedding I fell off the wagon and this is where I am today, at 22lbs lost from my original weight but working hard to get back on track.

Good luck and feel free to message me anytime. The road is long and tough. Some days its sucks, you want to cry and possibly have a cheeseburger :) Just know that this website saved me and will you too as long as you stay on it.

Congratulations on your first 5lbs! Feels good, huh!?

-L
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined this site in April and I started at 245 and although I have been on a 3 week plateau I have lost 14 lbs. since then. It is definitely doable IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND to it. You have to hold yourself accountable and if you mess up a meal or a day then get back on the horse. You CAN do this!!! Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I would love to be friends I am 25 years old and weight 340.6 pounds I am alot heavier than you but if you are interested just send a request to be my friend.
  • dcruzz
    dcruzz Posts: 12
    Options
    Today is my first day my goal is lose 30 pound I hope your dreams come true and you look great for december :flowerforyou:
  • easternNCchick02
    Options
    Welcome to the message board area. I joined today so Im new to this area myself. Good luck in your goals!!
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey! At last weigh in I was 244. I'd be more than happy to buddy up with you as I have only been at this 3 weeks, this Friday! :)
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    I'm also 21 and weigh 220 pounds. There's no better time to lose weight and learn how to live a healthy life stlye than while we're young! Let's make changes that will last us a healthy life time! Let's partner up and support each other!
  • MoonLiteDancer
    MoonLiteDancer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome, do you have a diet plan? if not google HCG, i have been loosing 1/2 pound a day! pure body fat! Let me know what you think. nothing else has EVER worked for me to get my weight off.

Christina

Uh takeing Hcg injections & eating ONLY 500 calories a day is not safe & neither is that diet.

Moving on...

I'm in the 220's now and my GW is at least 140. I lost 40lbs doing WW 2 years ago but got pregnant with twins & had to stop. I know its hard but changing the way you think about food is the best thing you can do for yourself. If you need a friend or someone to talk to I'd be happy to help :)
  • blkgrlwithdreams
    Options

Christina

Uh takeing Hcg injections & eating ONLY 500 calories a day is not safe & neither is that diet.

Moving on...

I'm in the 220's now and my GW is at least 140. I lost 40lbs doing WW 2 years ago but got pregnant with twins & had to stop. I know its hard but changing the way you think about food is the best thing you can do for yourself. If you need a friend or someone to talk to I'd be happy to help :)

Yes you're so right about HCG injections, I looked up information on it.. def think that's somebody who has a page as an advertisement, maybe?
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're in the same boat... I'll friend you if that's okay! :)
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi I can buddy up as well I am 28...and 221...It was easier to lose the weight even 5 years ago than it in now but I am trying to lose 30-40 lbs by the end of the year cuz that would be my wedding time...so we can be friends as well