EXHAUSTED!

Options
OK, I am not usually someone who works out a ton, but I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30ds and I am on Level 3 Day 2. I am SO exhausted. I don't know if it is the whole calorie counting thing, or just that I was so out of shape. I thought working out would give me more energy?!? Anyone else have this issue after starting working out?

Replies

• leonardmaryb
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is very tough. I couldn't handle her style. I do zumba and Bob Harper. Mostly Zumba though.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might be undereating.

Exercise gives me energy because I fuel myself properly. I made the same mistake in the beginning though.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Are you having rest days? The energy will come, keep at it and make sure you eat well.
  • Blueyedtine
    Blueyedtine Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree with rest days and maybe eating more. I had the same expereince of being really tired when I first got consistent but I just kept at it. Also, TOM can influence that too. Have fun!
  • Suezii_Q
    Suezii_Q Posts: 6
    Options
    I agree Jillian Michaels is pretty tough. I had fatigue for the first three weeks. I went from couch potato to exercising and had a lot of muscle fatigue as I got used to it. After about three weeks I had tons of energy & was doubling my times by the end of 4 weeks. Just stick with it. A light snack of carbs & protein about 30 minutes to an hour before working out & some light protein (greek yogurt, protein bar) within 30 minutes after to help with muscle repair is what I learned.