stalling

Well i have set my calories at 1300 a day. On a normal day i will use the treadmill for 1 hour, mixing it between running and incline. I also do short sets of weight training. Other days i will do a tabata class or a muscle fusion class. I also golf now nine holes everyday. Sometimes we walk also 6 miles in the morning. I am 5 feet 1 inch. 138 pounds. If my watch or the treadmill say i burn 400 calories i eat them back. I feel like my clothes are looser but the scale is not moving. Not sure what i should do

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Im having this same issue as we speak :/
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    What are your stats(height, weight, age, sex) and how long have you stalled? I would say 1300 is too little for most, heck even if you eat back the 400 calories, that might still be too little.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    How long has it been since you saw a loss?
  • ArubaJane
    ArubaJane Posts: 62 Member
    female, 50 years old. I have stayed the same now for around 1 year. I have just started this site at the beginning of april. Really before i have never counted calories and thought wow 1300 is alot, except a friend of mine said that she could eat that many after dinner, she is active. Not really sure how many calories 6 miles walking would burn or a round of golf. Maybe i am not eating enough. I dont eat junk but i do have red wine and have been having 2 and measure it also.
  • exohrina
    exohrina Posts: 9
    In my experience, you plateau every few months. For me, it's every 2 months and it lasts about 3-4 weeks. It's because you're building muscle mass, and since muscle actually weight more than fat does, you might even start seeing weight gain. Your fitness journey shouldn't be about the number on the scale though, it should be finding a healthy rhythm, turning this into a lifestyle, not just a temporary decision, and ultimately, feeling happy and comfortable in your body.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    female, 50 years old. I have stayed the same now for around 1 year. I have just started this site at the beginning of april. Really before i have never counted calories and thought wow 1300 is alot, except a friend of mine said that she could eat that many after dinner, she is active. Not really sure how many calories 6 miles walking would burn or a round of golf. Maybe i am not eating enough. I dont eat junk but i do have red wine and have been having 2 and measure it also.

Do you weigh and log all your food? Use a digital scale for dry/semi liquids and measure liquids?
  • ArubaJane
    i get most of my meat from a butcher so i do know how much they are in size. I measure cereal and milk, fruit things like that. Salad i put in measureing cups. Not everything but i dont buy big cuts of meat either. I always use whole wheat to. I should not be to out in my calories it was more what i am burning. I am very active, i dont work so am always doing something. Starting with my trainer again and she puts me through a great workout.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Measuring is very important. When you go to a butcher, they label the oz's of the meat. Also, how much do you weigh... I know this is a personal question but have you gone through menopause? I ask because the women I know who have gone through it, tend to have lower metabolic rates than the average person their size and age. Additionally, i have seen several success of those who have gone through menopause that have gone lower carbs.
  • ArubaJane
    i am 50 and no not yet for menopause. I am very active. I either walk over 4 miles a day or do a treadmill workout for 1 hour. I do fitness classes also and golf every day. Cant do much more. I do try to watch what i eat. I never use to count the calories and now am trying. I do like red wine and will not give that up. I was thinking maybe i dont eat enough. I was more into watching the scale but do feel like clothes are feeling looser. I am short 5 feet 1 and 138. I have gotten down to 130 before but find that hard to maintain