First Time For Everything . . . .

Options
There is always a time for a "first". This post is mine as I have never posted on a message board, but I decided I needed some help. I am 34 years old and am seriously trying to get healthy. I say seriously as I have dieted in the past but this time I want to change to healthy lifestyle that will last a lifetime.

I have been obese since I was a child and have decided no more. However, I can't do this by myself. Please help me.....

If you are willing to be a motivational supporter and share your knowledge, please request to be my friend. I am struggling even understanding all the acronyms. lol.

I would appreciate it more than I can express.

Thank you!!!!!!!

SW - 247
CW - 243
GW - 145

Replies

• nypa96
    nypa96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there who wants to be an encourager and support? I could really use it.
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I by far am no expert. But.. I do know the struggles of trying to stay on track and keeping motivated. I'll be happy to be your friend on this site and offer as much encouragement and support I can.
  • AshleyAnn9
    Options
    I'm fairly new at this too. I'll help encourage you if you'd like :)
  • nypa96
    Options
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I was getting a little down as only one person had responded but then I looked at the post this morning and got a smile on my face. It is hard doing it all on your own. I sent both of you friend requests. Again thank you!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Okay - I was new one year ago and have met my goal!!! What I do might not be right for you but here it is. I weigh myself every morning - this is very controversial as you MUST be able to take a 2-3 lb weight gain even though you are doing everything right. This is water and will come off. I weigh my self every day to stop from shoving things into my mouth as I know I will have to face the scale in the morning. I log my weight, food and exercise for the day. I add or subtract during the day as needed. It is eye opening how fast calories add up. For weight loss, I watch the trend over time. Not an individual day. You must stick to a certain scale as all scales read different. Keep it up!!!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard

We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.

anyone can add me
  • nypa96
    Options
    Lambchoplewis - Thank you for letting me know what works for you. I also have been weighing myself daily. I have caught myself a couple times going to have a snack and then I stop as I know I have to add it to my log. Thanks again for the advice.

SenseiCole - That quote is perfect. I think I am going to add it to my page as a reminder.

Thank you!!!