Never Underestimate Your Influence

Options
I work in a doctor's office and we often have a lot of pharmaceutical reps that buy lunch for us. I usually decline unless there is something healthy on the menu. Well tomorrow we are getting Ruby Tuesday. I pulled up their nutrition information to look and see what the best options were. I settled on the creole catch (277calories) and the steamed broccoli (84 calories). My coworkers (most are overweight like me) all picked this atrociously bad food until they came by my desk and saw the nutrition info pulled up. Then they started asking me to look up what they ordered. Needless to say it wasn't pretty. I helped everybody find things that were better than they had originally picked and I am proud to say that there will be no junk lunch at our office tomorrow. Me making a better choice led to 10 other people making a better choice. Even if it doesn't lead to any big time changes, I've got them thinking now. Most of them were shocked to know the nutritional content of their food. Never knew *I* could be a nutritional role model. LOL :laugh:

Replies

• raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    That is so awesome! You did your good deed for the day :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    thank you for the uplifting thread! WTG on being a great influence on others :heart:
  • patrickca1942
    patrickca1942 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree! I love to check this site before going out to eat. Outback Steakhouse and Applebees are two places where you can get really good meals for under 500 calories, but if you don't know ahead of time, you could be ordering something with a ton of calories and not even know it.