how accurate is the estimator on weight on this site

Options
how accurate is the estimator of each day your weight for five weeks from then?

Replies

• Afields6780
    Afields6780 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    it estimates me at a loss of 6 lbs a week which is alot and i am only loosing 2 - 3 i just started 3 weeks ago
  • paulielb39
    Options
    I am not sure...I just started too :(
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    it's based on math and isn't accurate at all. Were our bodies all perfectly machine-like, then it'd be accurate, but mine tells me every day I'll be 5lbs lighter in 5 weeks and it's been at least 5 weeks since I've lost any weight!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    well its just based on what you did that day...so i don't think it is very accurate at all personally...just kind of an interesting tidbit :)
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    I'd like it to look at my calorie average over the past week and estimate it that way. Also, like anything else, it's garbage in garabage out. IF you were to eat exactly like that day (accurately) AND if your basal metabolic weight is figured correctly AND your excercise calories are calculated correctly I believe it to be reasonably accurate. A lot of IFS and ANDS though. :laugh:
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's based on your overall calorie intake. If you're supposed to consume 1500 calories a day in order to lose 2 lbs a week, the calculator will say that you will be 10 lbs lighter in 5 weeks if you consume exactly 1500 calories that day (or if you consume, say, 1800 but burn 300 through exercise).

Obviously, if during the week your net consumption is 1500 calories a day but then on the weekend you eat 2500 calories on Friday and Saturday night, the estimation that you get during the week may not be accurate. And it may not be accurate in the first place because everyone's body is different and lots of things contribute to how much we weigh on any given day.

It's just a tool to let you know approximately what track you're on if you eat a certain way every day.
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    At one point I was cutting and pasting it on my NOTES section just to keep track. It is based on a formula- and may be very unrealistic. BUT... It's really encouraging so I love it!!