walking/slow jog running shoes

Options
I need to replace my shoes I use for power walking / jogging. What are your recommendations of a good supportive shoe? I am willing to spend money for quality yet not break the bank.

I appreciate your input .

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks. My husband favors New Balance. I believe that's what my dad prefers as well. You might want to get fitted at a running store.
  • amymina
    amymina Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use saucony shoes. Only us the saucony progrid xodus shoes. Wouldn't be able to run without them
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I prefer New Balance because I can get them (sometimes) made in the U.S. but really I'd say try them on and buy what fits and feels best.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    The pair of New Balance I purchased recently are easily the best shoes I've ever owned.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If there's a store like Running Room near you go in and get fitted. They can help you decide on what type of shoe will work best for you.
  • soonergirl03
    soonergirl03 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance but the next pair I get I'm going to a running store where you walk across a computer platform and it tells you what shoes would be best for you, my knees and hips hurt alot after I run and someone told me I need special shoes from a running store.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I only wear saucony. Period. For walking, running, and work. I love them. I will never go back to anything else.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics...

20130209_180756_zps692e2754.jpg
  • MR_221
    MR_221 Posts: 8
    Options
    It's best to go to a shoe store in your community that specializes in running shoes. They will fit you with the proper shoes for your feet.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I walk 5+ miles a day and have just started C25K. This morning I bought a pair of Nike Freerun 3 shoes, my first running shoes, and LOVE them. I've worn them all day and still love them. I've never had sneakers like these -- they're like wearing fitted gloves. Try on a pair in the store.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I got Salomon CrossMax for road walking and trail walking when I needed new sneakers. I love them and will definitely get another pair when these ones run down! I paid nearly $170 for mine, but you can probably get them cheaper in the US.

image7-650x650.jpg
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    so individual! I love my local running store they fit you in the shoes and have you run on a treadmill (or walk fast) . it's worth it to go to a running store vs a big box store .

I pronate a lot so I LOVED...i mean LOOOOOVED my asics gel foundation, but they just discontinued them :( , now I'm in the gel forte (not in love but learning not to hate) and misuno alchemy ( still not thrilled) , I'm getting used to the new shoes but still pouting over the foundations going away.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm heading to a running store (Fleet Feet) today. I've been wearing new Balance, but am not thrilled with them, so hopefully I get a new pair that I love.
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions. No running stores nearby will have to Google and plan a road trip.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It's best to go to a shoe store in your community that specializes in running shoes. They will fit you with the proper shoes for your feet.

This.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm heading to a running store (Fleet Feet) today. I've been wearing new Balance, but am not thrilled with them, so hopefully I get a new pair that I love.
    [/quote

Just thought I'd come back and update after my trip to an actual running store(mine was a road trip too - well worth it!). What a difference a pair of the right shoes makes! I tried on Saucony, Asics and Brooks and after jogging and walking in all, decided on the Brooks. Husband and I then went to a park to give them a serious trial, since I was assured that i could wear them and return them. iIwas actually able to jog for almost a 1/4 mile before I ran out of steam. At that rate and with these shoes, I might just try C25K!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Funny, New Balance wrecked my feet. Saucony now for me. I was all set to buy asics, but these were so much more comfortable.
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    new balance for me too. if you are lucky enough to have small feet, you can get them super cheap as well, in the kids section like i did :D