Want to be hot for my wedding! motivation welcome :]

Options
I really, really, want to lose 60 pounds in 6 months.
I'm getting married to my best friend in october. He's seriously such an amazing guy and I'd like to look my best, especially since i'm tired of feeling gross.

SOO, I'd really love for some new friends and motivation cause i'm trying to get my butt off the couch and do something! Definitely looking to motivate back as much as i can.Thanks! Feel free to add me, please :)

Replies

• luvmalife
    Options
    Take a full size pic of yourself.. use some photoshop / image shrinking software to make it slim and print it out.. put it on ur fridge so u can look at that everyday

also u can have a board at your home which says don't do this and that in bold.. ie " Don't eat chocolates" etc..

Everytime you feel like a snack..grab fruits..

Distract ur mind off food.. when inbetween meals u feel hungry go for a walk / job / play ur fav game ( even angry birds help!!!)

above all DRINK LOADS OF WATER !!!!! Good luck :) You are going to do it !!!!
  • stephie_renae
    stephie_renae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Let's do this! Add me as a friend and we can motivate each other! My husband and I welcomed a new baby girl 4 weeks ago and I need to lose! Not to mention I'm in my brothers wedding this fall!
  • tessb1125
    Options
    I feel you!!! My wedding is on Sept. 28th and I am desperately trying to lose weight beforehand. In the last two years with my new job I have put on about 30 pounds and just feel unrecognizable. I want to be back at the weight I was when we were first dating and I only have 5 months to do it!

Feel free to add me as well, would love to be able to help motivate each other. I am sure our big days will be fabulous no matter what :)
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm a September 7th bride and all of this is very stressful, so I realize what you're going through. Hang in there and please feel free to add me :)
  • tessb1125
    Options
    You look amazing tho marissa!! Congrats on your wedding and so far on your journey!! I am amazed :)
  • elizabethannerussell
    Options
    I'm getting married on Sept 7th of this year too!

Its tough going! but you are coming in at a good time. The summer is easier I find to eat healthier, exercise, the light is longer, its warmer, etc. my tips: (which i'm having a hard time following this month, April has me stuck in a rut with exams etc, I was doing so well, even over Christmas!)

1) focus on large quantities of vegetables - filling - delicious if cooked in neat ways - low cals. Also focus on protein intake - My trainer has told me that meals should be centred around veggies and protein.

2) exercise - weights combined with cardio!

3) keep positive! you can do it! what a great motivation!

we can do this together! I want to lose the last 10 - 15 pounds before my wedding.
  • mama_sl8
    mama_sl8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am getting married August 3rd and I need to lose some weight too.. Ideally I'd like 25 pounds gone by then.

Please feel free any of you to add me... the more support the better.
  • sweatydebs416
    Options
    Hi ladies, i'm adding all of you as friends for support because i'm brand new here:) My wedding is September 21st and I have about 30 pounds to lose before then. I started a job that I swear made the weight just appear on me magically in like a 3 month time frame. It was horrible and now i'm tired all the time, but if your own wedding isn't inspiration then I don't know what is!
  • trannguyen2711
    Options
    My wedding is on July. I still have 40 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. Let's support each other!
  • luvmalife
    luvmalife Posts: 5
    Options
    I have added many people here.. Mine is in July..14th of July. I am half way down the lane.. my last 10 pounds I am finding them most difficult to lose it out..any tips ? suggestions? motivation ? PLEASE HELP!!!!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Oh, based on the subject I was going to suggest an outdoor wedding in August in southern Florida.
  • EmilysOlives
    Options
    My wedding is in June, so coming up fast!! I know I won't be able to lose all the weight I want to, but I'm going to try my best to look the best I can! We will have these pictures forever so that one thought alone motivates me! I want to be able to feel proud of myself 20 years later :) Trying hard to go to the gym as much as I can, weight train, eat within my calorie limit and balance the foods I eat! Just two months to go and I am kind of freaking out, hahahah! feel free to add me as a friend everyone :)
  • lokey9927
    lokey9927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my wedding is the 28th as well and my fiance and I have been working hard. How close are you to your goal
  • fourwordletter
    Options
    My wedding is the 27th! I've lost 25 pounds, and have about 40 more to go.. I started over a year ago when I got engaged, and I pretty much gave up for months (thankfully I permanently changed my eating habits enough to maintain though!) until it turned August, then it all became real (ahhh it's next month!!) and started working my butt off.. So hopefully the whoosh will come soon :)
    I see this post is pretty old, how much have you lost so far?
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like a wedding to motivate people in to losing weight. I am not even the bride, I am the bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding in May! One of the reasons I started losing weight was for this wedding. I kinda want to meet someone at the wedding too... So far I have lost 5 pounds but I have a long way to go. Best wishes on your wedding.
  • thesmichael
    thesmichael Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Totally in the same boat!! My wedding wont be until July 2016 but I am hoping to get within 10kg of my goal weight by March (Engagement party! Eeek) and focus on mainting/toning/losing those last 10kg for the final 2 years!! Support and encouragement welcome :)
  • haleymay4414
    Options
    I am really late on finding this board, but I am also a bride to be. I have 7 weeks until my wedding and 14lbs to my first goal weight! If any of you are still going at it, PLEASE add me! Ready for some motivation!
  • kirstenmcgregor
    Options
    I also have just under 7 weeks (5th April) until my wedding. I have my dress fitting this Friday and freaking out about it. I ordered my dress after spending 4 weeks in Africa and was more toned and weighed less! I have just under 1 stone to lose (14lbs).

I run 5k once a week and aiming to increase that to three times and I am on day 2 of the 30 Day shred as I figured that being toned and losing inches would also help with the fitting. Being a teacher however and doing 12 hour days and getting home at 7pm most evenings means the last thing I want to do is go for a run. Luckily this is half term so I'm going all out this week and hopefully seeing results will motivate me for next half term.