I am no losing anymore?? Need help ..

Options
Hey ! For the last two months I have lost at least 2 lbs a week. Im 5'7" and I started in late Feb at 167lbs. I now weigh 150. I have weighed 150 for about a week and a half now. Im kind of starting to feel fustrated that I havent hit the 140's yet. I am still eating and exercising the same.... I dont knoww hats going on. My goal weight is 136. I just dont understand why im not losing anymore if im still doing everything the same. any advice or similar situations?? Thanks!

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Well it's only been a week and a half. The closer you get to goal it tends to slow way down.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    a week and a half? I've been the same weight for like 4 months.

Look at your diet and exercise. Make changes. You might need to eat more, up some macros, ect...
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    So you started at 167 and are now 150. Nothing has happened for 1.5 weeks. This is where many will get frustrated, give up, and end up back at 167 or more. What are you going to do? You need to look at what you are doing and see if you need to make changes. This is where you learn. Do you need to eat more. Are you logging accurately. You've made great progress. Don't let this stop you.
  • EstyPorter
    EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So you started at 167 and are now 150. Nothing has happened for 1.5 weeks. This is where many will get frustrated, give up, and end up back at 167 or more. What are you going to do? You need to look at what you are doing and see if you need to make changes. This is where you learn. Do you need to eat more. Are you logging accurately. You've made great progress. Don't let this stop you.

Yes, I know I probably do need to make some changes, but I just dont know what... Everything Ive been doing has had me losing weight fast, but now I dont know .. Thankyou for the support, I have worked too hard to just let this stop me : )
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I try to have either a cheat meal on sunday or just a refeed day on sunday depending on the occasion.

For me, a cheat meal would be pretty much anything (moderately) for one of your meal.

And a refeed day is just consuming 200-400 (I eat 400 more) calories above your daily maintenance TDEE
    (40% carbs, 35% protein, 25%fats). Remember on refeed day you do need to eat healthy food, unlike a cheat meal where you can pretty much eat whatever you want.

Try them both, I tend to switch between them weekly. It allow me to keep losing at a steady pace (1-2 pounds a week)

Again, everyone is different, this methode worked for me. Experiment with it, if it didn't help after the next two weeks, you should look up for other methode to stir up your metabolism.
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Your body is "used to" your exercise routine. You need to crank up the intensity and duration, and switch up the exercises. Our bodies are wonderful adaptive machines -- they get used to and adapt to the stress we put them under, then it's no longer stressful. When it comes to exercise and weight loss, it means diminishing returns.
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Are you readjusting your calories/ macros to compensate for your weight loss? If not the calories you were eating fir a deficits at 167 might be maintenance at 150.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Been there, done that over and over again over the past 35 years. I, too, am losing really slowly if at all right now and it is frustrating, but I need to hang in there, experiment a little, and hopefully I can get rid of this last 20 pounds. I sure as hell am not going to quit, again.