Snackies

Options
I've gotten my family on board with eating a lot better than we have been. This weekend we are grocery shopping, and in the past we've enjoyed our chips and pretzels (etc etc). So my question to all the MFP's out there, what do you guys have for snacks other than veggies and fruit? We have a nut allergy in the family so peanut butter is definately out of the question.

Replies

• emilylanham917
    emilylanham917 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The special k popcorn chips & popcorn crisps are pretty good snacks! You can eat around 28 for only 120 calories. I usually only eat half, it's a good quick snack and my daughter loves them!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky - mini babybel - laughing cow wedge
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K cracker chips and the Quaker Hummus popped chips. Yummy!!!
  • nellysaurus88
    nellysaurus88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did the light Laughing Cow wedges with flat pretzels for my snacks a lot. They have some awesome flavours & they usually fill me up during my breaks.

The Quaker rice snacks are amazing too! I just had to make sure I watched myself & put only 5 and not 10 in my plastic bag for my lunch. It's so hard to resist :(
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ya! i get some snackwells, some 100 cal rite bites, some cereaL bars r awesome. read the saturated fat content!
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Edys slow churned ice cream.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have yogurt, Fiber One bars, granola bars, fruit snacks, and string cheese.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    PIta chips w/ hummus, wheat crackers with a bit of tuna salad (tuna, onion, celery, tiny bit of mayo or plain greek yogurt). And speaking off yogurt:
    Dannon LIght & Fit Greek Yogurt- a great, healthy snack. Lots of calcium, 2x the protein, and ONLY 80 CALORIES! Lowest cals in a Greek Yogurt that I've found! Love these!!

15zgqom.png
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I also buy the Special K chips. They are really good and help with my chips cravings. I also buy popcorn, greek yogurt, sunsweet plum raisins, cheese, turkey pepperoni, wheat thins, Fiber One protein bars.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Oh 60 calorie puddings are sinfully good!
  • calculustiger
    Options
    Dannon LIght & Fit Greek Yogurt- a great, healthy snack. Lots of calcium, 2x the protein, and ONLY 80 CALORIES! Lowest cals in a Greek Yogurt that I've found! Love these!!

Oh my... thank you for this.
  • Gloricelly
    Gloricelly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For some sweet snacks I'm loving these super easy oatmeal cookies! You can make them in the Microwave that's crazy!
    you need a banana, 1 cup of rolled oats, and crasins or rasins. Smuch the banana with oats and rasins or crasins. You can microwave them or bake them in the oven. I found this recipe in a video from blogilates
    Here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe25ikI_MWU

you can go to blogilates.com go to the recipe tabs then click on healthy snacks in the bottom. It's pretty good and healthy.

I like to munch on dehydrated veggies or fruits as well sometimes. They are awesome!

Some greek or plain yogurt with fruits is good sometimes

Some hummus with cucumbers, carrots, and pita chips.

Hope this helps!
  • LittleButMightyOne
    Options
    I recommend individually wrapped cheeses, 100 calorie kettle corn bags, apples, servings of several tomatoes with a tablespoon of ranch dressing (a bowl for cherry or grape; I quarter larger tomatoes), and small yogurt parfaits (Greek yogurt parfaits are especially good and you get more protein out of it).

I do miss my sodas, so I buy Zevia Root Beers--they're made with stevia and have 0 calories but still taste good to me, and quench my craving!