Getting back on track! HELP! TIPS! ADVICE!

Options
I started my weightloss journey in October and had been doing so well up until mid march. i lost 55 lbs and then totally went off track. I have been having such a hard time getting back on track. I would love to hear some stories from other members who have gone off track and how they got back on the horse. any tips on curbing hunger or cravings? thanks guys!

Replies

• Stephanie_marquez
    Stephanie_marquez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on losing 55lbs, thats amazing!
    As for getting back on track, what first motivated you to lose weight? If that reason doesnt motivate you now, juat think ofhow good you will feel when you finally shed those last few pounds! It will be such an accomplishment. You will be able to say yoi did it even if you did hit some bumps along the way. I first lost 40ish pounds when I first started to lose weight, but eventually my body got used to it and I wasnt losing as much, which made me stop altogether. Big miatake because I gained a few pounds back. But one day I just decided, you know what? Im not going to give up. Yes, it may have taken me a few years, but thats more than other people can say who do nothing about their weight and health. I go for runs, and im not going to lie and say im a spectacular runner or anything, and I aure as hell am not the fastest, but I keep repeating a quote I saw on instagram: I doesnt matter how slow you are going, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.
  • MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    Like you I lost a load (congrats) and then didn't manage to keep it up. I ate better than before but that was easy... My dietary habits were GROSS 2 years ago!

I kept trying to come back and just didn't manage for more than a day or two so I decided to ditch it and give it a break for a while. I hopped on the scales and was fully aware that I was putting on some weight. I knew that when I'd put on too much I'd have a little wobble and sort myself out again! That happened at 72kg!

Although my eating is not great at the moment and I'm struggling to get back into exercising, I am in a place where I'm logging better and am watching more what I eat - maintained now for a whole week! :-)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am in same boat. I lost 25 lbs, and I have 5 lbs to go. I am now slipping back up in weight. I love the idea of remembering why I did this. I got pissed off at listening to my friends talk about 30 day cleanses, expensive diets like Advocare, shakes, smoothies ect. I decided "I will show them"!! I will remember this and don't want them saying behind my back "you see, she is gaining it all back"!!

Thanks for getting me pissed off and motivated again!!!