Bollywood Dance Workout

Options
Hello, I was going to try out this ~50 min workout I found, and was wondering what I should log it as, and what an approximate calories burned figure would look like? Any comments would be appreciated :smile:

Replies

• xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I have no idea about how many calories burned, but I WOULD LOVE TO TRY THIS!! I just love Bollywood!! I'll check back to see what you find out!!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    maybe as belly dancing? I looked it up and it says it's a mix of a bunch of dances including hip hop and thats a lot of hip movements......idk though :S
  • Melange77
    Melange77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    From what I could find Middle Eastern Dancing burns approx 420 calories per hour for someone 5'3" & 208 lbs.
  • randomjohn
    Options
    Hi all,

In February this year an inner voice prompted me to start moving my body to Bollywood beats. I am not a good dancer by any means and persisted with the dancing (sort of) for about five months losing 20 lbs in the process. Plus there was some diet control - like cutting down on sugar and carbs. On an average I danced four times a week, 40 minutes per session, sometimes more.

20 lbs in 5 months translates to about a pound a week, and a pound equals 3,500 calories. So it means I was at negative 400 calories a day. My guess is Bollywood dance can burn anywhere between 200-600 calories an hour depending on intensity. One useful point to remember is to do more than 20 minutes at a time to get into fat-burning zone (at least that is what I believe).

I have the app now and am trying the regimen again, hopefully I will be able to provide more scientific answers in a months time.