Workout DVDs

Options
Hey.

I'm new to this forum so was wondering if anyone could help me.
I'm really busy with work most of the time, including evenings, but was looking at getting a DVD to try and use in the house.
Ideally something that would take about 15-20 minutes a day. I've looked on amazon and there's millions and I don't know where to start really!
Has anyone on here got any recommendations? Preferably something with fairly decent music would be good too!

Thanks in advance!

X

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    30 day shred by Jillian michaels. It's on YouTube, so it's free. You can try it out and see if you like it. It's about 20 mins long but pretty intense.

If you get into it, you are suppose to do each level for 10 days. There are 3 levels.
    The only thing you need is two five hand weights. :)

I am currently doing it and I love it.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Yep as said ^^ you tube is great for exercise vids. There is so much variety on there, you can do something new every day.
  • Gavery1
    Gavery1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've just started Josie Gibson's 30second slim and really enjoy it. It has 3 different workouts all lasting 20 mins each. I do a different one every other day so I don't get bored. Its got really good reviews on amazon have a look. :-)
  • sabbrown40
    Options
    I have used Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds DVD and I really enjoy them. They are broken up into miles so you can determine how long you do it for. Usually you can do a mile in 10-15 minutes depending on the DVD. I also enjoy any zumba dvd. Those are some of my favorites.
  • Sazzle918
    Sazzle918 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'll have a look at what's been suggested. X
  • gemk
    gemk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels! Really quick 20 mins but so good and quick results. Good luck xx
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Billy Banks TaeBo Express and Rodney Yee Yoga for Beginners are two of my favorites! TaeBo express has 10 (I think) total 10 minute chapters. Yoga has a 20 minute and 15 minute segment. They are $10 each. Check 'em out!
  • nellysaurus88
    nellysaurus88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian's 30 Day Shred and then switched to Ripped In 30. I'd say it's more about 25 minutes, but it's the perfect amount of circuit training to do at home. Ripped in 30 is definitely a lot harder though for the last 2 weeks. It's a good DVD to switch to after 30 Day Shred.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Some of the workout DVDs I use and have about 15-20 minute:
    - 10-Minutes series (they are quite nice, they target different arreas, are available for pregnant women also and you can always combine 2 or 3 of them)
    - Billy Blanks has shorter Tae-Bo workouts (even a 8 minute one); they are very intense, but Tae-Bo is great
    - some segments of Biggest Loser workout have under 20 minutes; you can combine them with warm-ups and cool-downs and get a shorter training; for example the Bootcamp series has a Level 3 workout of 10 minutes, which you can combine with 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down
    - Winsor Pillates DVDs have in most part 20 minutes (there is the basic one, some targeted on abs or upper body)
    - Jillian Michaels frontside had several rounds of workouts, at about 10 minutes each, you can also combine these in function of your needs; and some of those rounds are quite challenging so you get your workout
  • Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There's also Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer, The idea is to fit more than one into your day, I did 3 a day 6 days a week for 4 weeks (The accelerated results program) before moving onto P90. I work a lot of shifts and i found them easy to fit around my schedule :D