3 stones gone (for ever)

Options
cityjaneLondon
cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
Hello there! Today I just thought I would honour the fact that today when I stood on the scales I had lost 3 stone.

A stone is 14 lbs, so the total is 42 lbs.

I started on June 11th 2012 after my brother's 60th party when I felt so fat and awful I would not wear fancy dress like everyone else and just sat in the corner. I have no photos of those times as I would not have my picture taken.

I am 5ft 5ins and was 197 lbs. 14stone 1 lb.
Today I am 155 lbs. 11 stone 1 lb.

Obviously I still have some to lose, but my first goal is to get into healthy BMI range. Then I will reassess. I am 63 and don't want to look too scraggy.

I did it by eating back all my exercise calories, so averaging about 1700 a day as I do 400 on machines 6 days a week and yoga on the other day. I have just started doing some dumbells and resistance training as I am inspired by my own success! :laugh:

My health and mobility have improved out of all recognition. I really had difficulty walking and had swollen ankles. Even getting into the car was a struggle my legs and knees were so weak. I had lymphodema in my arm from breast cancer removal - that is so much improved. Yesterday I was doing planks and half push ups that I could not even attempt then.

I find it amazing that at my age I now feel 33 not 63. Thanks to all my MFP friends, you have been great. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JackieA47
    JackieA47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant,what a great result! Not only for your confidence but also your health. Well done!! :-)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Very well done! I've lost a similar amount and the health benefits are amazing, wishing you continued success! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!