Have to pee while running?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I run where there is a loo so I don't need to worry, but I make sure I have nothing to drink about an hour before I run...so now I run about 10am & that way I'm all good.

But then I have a problem even when I don't drink so I wear a incontinence pad while running just in case it starts without me.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses!

I'm surprised so many people don't drink much (if anything) before running. I have tried that before but I got so thirsty and dizzy.

Maybe I need to drink more water overall...

used to have the same issue. You need to always be hydrated, drink whilst running (if possible) and make sure you cool up/down as well. If you stop suddenly you will probably feel a little faint. I used to always vomit after playing a hard basketball game, but then I realised it was because I wasn't drinking enough and wasn't cooling down - once that issue is addressed, no problems :)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm guilty of drinking glasses and glasses of water at a time, but I know you're only supposed to sip.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    A good trick sometimes if I'm smart I'll just eat something that has some sort of water in it like a pineapple chunks...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of diet coke instead of water, so I had 4 glasses of water 2 hours before I ran today. I went to the bathroom before I ran.

About half a mile into my run, I had to go to the bathroom reallllly badly. It was so bad that I had to walk the rest of the way.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this, but also be hydrated for a run?

It happens, push through it and it will pass. I have the urge to urinate during the first half mile of my runs. Even though I do it prior to starting. It's not real, and it goes away. If it doesn't, it's legit and gotta be dealt with. I think some of it might actually be due to things getting knocked around, but frankly I don't know, just a WAG on my part.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you still drink some sodas. Caffeine is a diaretic. Cut your caffeine out and try and go only water for a while.
  • presshard
    presshard Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have learned to hydrat the dau before. So I do not to drink so much begore a race. I don' t know if that will be helpful. Gooc luck.