New Pics - Day 78 of Plant Based Eating

Options
I actually fit into my red dress this AM that I love but have been too heavy to fit into - UNTIL TODAY! I loved how much I can see my changed shape that I snapped some pics of me in full length and one of a close up of my face!

Below are the pics I posted a few weeks ago from Day 5 to Day 63 of plant based eating and then today, day 78 and more evidence of he changing shaping and losing pounds - 16 lbs down since last weigh in but it is my TOM so waiting a week or so to weigh again!

Day 5 to Day 63 Comparison:

Day5toDay63PicComparison_zps013850ab.jpg

Day 78 Progress Pic - FIT INTO FAVE DRESS!

Day78-ProgressPics-FullLengthandFace_zps2f1536e6.jpg

Day 78 - Single Pics:

b53a5e41-df58-4ac6-9de0-e9d77bcdbdf9_zps5a828ee0.jpg

4a495882-1297-4f4f-acfd-3a0ffadbd334_zpscac99376.jpg

Replies

• thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results!

P.S. You have an amazing smile and I'm envious of your hair. :)
  • jenniferlcrumb
    jenniferlcrumb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Such a difference already :) keep up the great work!!!
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! You've been awesome support for me!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    WOW, You look AWESOME!! Dedication & Hard Work does pay off. Be Proud of Yourself! You're truly an Inspiration to us. Thanks for posting before / after pictures....Congrats on wearing that "Red Dress" :flowerforyou: :happy: :smile:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • annalovesfood
    annalovesfood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, great work, what an amazing weight loss in that time too!! I am eating a mostly plant based diet as well, but would love to know what works for other people as far as easy and go to meals. My boyfriend is away presently so I am also cooking for one. Is there anything you can recommend?
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Impressive!
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Great job!
  • kmcosgrove115
    Options
    anna -

I love the Happy Herbivore recipes - she has a website www.happyherbivore.com - some recipes are online but her Everyday Happy Herbivore cookbook caters more to single servings or servings for 2. If you have a Kindle you could buy thru Amazon and download now.

I seem to always get in a good salad with lots of veggies and no oil dressing every day - fruit of course - my ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread toasted with organic peanut butter for breakfast has become my staple and for dinners, it varies - tonight I had tortilla chips (again, no oil) with 365 organic refried beans, chopped spinach and red onions - nuked it all so it was hot and tasty.

I do like to whip up the mushroom panini that the Engine 2 website had recommended - it is essentially sauteeing mushrooms in water or veg broth (or even in low sodium soy sauce for extra flavor), then get 2 slices ezekiel bread, spread hummus on each piece, put on spinach, onion, avocado, pepper and a little salt, then pile on the sauteed mushrooms. Then you can bake in oven at 400 or put in sautee pan and cook a few mins in each side until the hummus is warm and the bread toasted - of course a true panini maker would be ideal. This is my "go to" food when I don't feel like cooking a huge complicated meal and I even cook an extra one and wrap in foil to bring to work the next day where I microwave briefly.

I also tend to make big batches of soup on weekends - when we are ready to food shop and go thru the veggies to see what is needed, I tend to use up what we have in a big pot - potatoes for sure, onion garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, peas, carrots, kale, etc - I use veg broth or water and put a little whole wheat flour to make the soup a little thick and of course some salt and pepper to taste. I also threw in some cayenne pepper this time for extra flavor and b/c the pot is so big I have lots of soup for the whole week to bring to work!

Email me for any other ideas you need or questions - glad to answer!

Kristen
  • annalovesfood
    annalovesfood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Kristen!! I will definitely be checking out both of those websites. The sandwich idea sounds great and I love cinnamon raisin bread. I am going to get some asap. Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate your suggestions. Eating this way gives me so much more energy than the way I used to eat and I think its the only way I will truly change my eating lifestyle because you really need to think about your food. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What an amazing job you have done. Your enthusiasm is contagious!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Great job! =)
  • kmcosgrove115
    Options
    anna -

I found that too - I felt alot better very early on when I switched to plant based. I actually emailed both the Forks Over Knives reps and the Engine 2 diet people - both responded back and asked me if they could post my story and share my in progress pics. Another big reason I switched was due to health issues so the write up I did for them captures that - BP way lower, asthma is gone, no more probiotics needed for digestive issues that plagued me for over and year and so much more.

When I get the definite date they hit their websites, I'll post online here or shoot me an email or friend request as I am always putting updates there for things like this.

I will also send you a request to join our plant strong group I created where people eating in this way can exchange recipes, ideas, share health updates and more.

Kristen
  • animini123
    animini123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    anna -

I found that too - I felt alot better very early on when I switched to plant based. I actually emailed both the Forks Over Knives reps and the Engine 2 diet people - both responded back and asked me if they could post my story and share my in progress pics. Another big reason I switched was due to health issues so the write up I did for them captures that - BP way lower, asthma is gone, no more probiotics needed for digestive issues that plagued me for over and year and so much more.

When I get the definite date they hit their websites, I'll post online here or shoot me an email or friend request as I am always putting updates there for things like this.

I will also send you a request to join our plant strong group I created where people eating in this way can exchange recipes, ideas, share health updates and more.

Kristen

Hi Kristen,

Congrats for ur success. I am also fighting to scale down for my health issue. Need motivation n recipe for veg recipes. Can u invite me to join the group: plant strong group.

Thanks,
    Ani
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    sexay! :smile:
    You look so nice! Congrats!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulation, you look great.

My family started plant based eating a year and a half ago. I've lost 68lbs. It was the best decision I ever made.
    We also use Engine 2 and Happy Herbivore. They are great resources .
  • kmcosgrove115
    Options
    GHLT - so happy to find another FOK person! They just published my story on their website - so exciting - check it out:

http://www.forksoverknives.com/after-a-year-of-terrible-health-forks-over-knives-has-me-back-on-track/
  • calaz84
    calaz84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great congrats!! I'v been doing plant based diet since the end of December and am down 18lbs but the best of all I feel like a new person so healthy!! I LOVE happy herbivore I have made a ton of her recipes, some of my other favorites are oh she glows and and fat free vegan they both have awesome recipes as well.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!