Healthy nibbles?

Options
I do a lot of studying and writing and tend to pick at food all the time, especially when writing. Can anyone suggest any healthy low calorie nibbles I can pick at?

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    home made hommous with lots of fresh vegetables like carrot, celery, cucumber, pickles(?) etc :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRFxssmMxuk is a good recipe in my opinion, plus Brenda is gorgeous :D

edit: I say pickles, because I LOVE PICKLES :P
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i've be going down the veg line and drink lots of water
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite treats is baby carrots dipped in fat free French or ranch salad dressing
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    lately its been veggies, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, jerky, yogurt
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yeah celery/carrott sticks and houmous are nice :) you can get reduced fat and calorie houmous to keep cals in check.

Also they are quite expensive but Nakd bars don't have any artifical ingredients at all and you can get some really nice flavours :)
  • moby_chick
    moby_chick Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :D I'll get lots of those ingredients when I go shopping today.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    blueberries :) blackberries or raspberries (I prefer blueberries) :) peanuts...cashews or pecans or pistachios or a nut of your choice :) keep a glass of water nearby... sugar free candies (I love the Russell Stover Sugar free Dark Chocolate Peanuts...)
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ok, first i just wanted to say that when i first opened this thread, i misread the title and i though it said 'healthy nipples'....this intrigued me....

Anyway, i would go with something like carrots or celery, low cal and good for you. If your not the veggie type, then maybe cashews or some sort of seed near by...but keep in mind that seeds are higher in calories, so keep a glass of water nearby so that it helps fill you up.

Oh and pickles are good for some people, not so much for me, but apparently they help get rid of cravings.
  • moby_chick
    moby_chick Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lol @ tom_olech! Hee-hee. Well if you've any advice on healthy nipples, that would be useful too. :O)

(edited to correct a spelling error, ooops)
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I take a box of chopped raw carrot and cucumber with cherry tomatoes to work for my morning snack.
    Feels like I've had a big snack but pretty low on calories