Yet another post about sugar....sorry people lol

Options
I keep hearing that if it comes from fruit that it's OK but if it's from some chocolate or sweetened almond milk then it's bad....=/ But I want to try out a yummy oatmeal, but it came out to be 17 grams of sugar and there is zero fruit there........it's like dessert for breakfast with a healthier twist. I've got a lot of lean protein and healthy fats and carbs, too. It could be worse....I refuse to add sweetener like I use to...that makes me feel like a drugged up zombie who is very moody and depressed. Makes me crave more sweets, makes me very thirsty, makes me sick, foggy headed, gives me headaches, the shakes, gas, bloating, vertigo, ringing in the ears, harder to breath, heart palpitations, always tired and gives me this weird tingling and warm sensation in my face and arms....I'm shocked how the banana and fruit gets a bad wrap when sweeteners cause this **** to happen and can cause caner....all for wanting no calories or sugar, but we want more sweet. I learned my lesson with those evil things.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,978 Member
    Options
    Only if you have a medical reason to avoid it, otherwise enjoy your honey.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    if you're using raw oats and cooking it yourself and using fresh honey, no problems... but if you're using the stupid instant stuff, please stop. Oats are so incredibly easy to cook from raw, I still don't understand why instant oats even exist! Plus they have all these additives and at times colourings which you just don't want :/
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    if you're using raw oats and cooking it yourself and using fresh honey, no problems... but if you're using the stupid instant stuff, please stop. Oats are so incredibly easy to cook from raw, I still don't understand why instant oats even exist! Plus they have all these additives and at times colourings which you just don't want :/

I was gonna say the same thing. In what universe does oatmeal have all that sugar in and of itself? You can make your own and add whatever "sweet" you like. In addition, there are so many wonderful ways to have oatmeal. You can even make it in individual muffin tins and freeze them. Pop them out into a large container, then use them one by one for breakfast or whenever you want a snack.

I've even made steel cut oats in my crockpot over night. I wake up to the most creamy, delicious oatmeal in the world. And I did practically nothing to make it.
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I drove myself nuts with this topic and ended up making a simple rule that works for me. I dont worry about fruit, I have a banana every morning and usually an apple or grapes in the afternoon. I allow myself natural honey in moderation, almond milk and coconut milk. I have also tried a little agave nectar which is good to naturally sweeten. I do not eat any artificial sweeteners and do not use table sugar, brown sugars ect. It is working for me but everyone is different. I say enjoy your oatmeal!!!
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I cook my own :) always do
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I was gonna say the same thing. In what universe does oatmeal have all that sugar in and of itself? You can make your own and add whatever "sweet" you like. In addition, there are so many wonderful ways to have oatmeal. You can even make it in individual muffin tins and freeze them. Pop them out into a large container, then use them one by one for breakfast or whenever you want a snack.

I've even made steel cut oats in my crockpot over night. I wake up to the most creamy, delicious oatmeal in the world. And I did practically nothing to make it.

I cook up my own and add what i want into it :)