9 months on, 9 months off, 9 on AGAIN!!!

Options
So I am 9 months post-partum and I am two pounds away from shedding all of my baby weight (53 of the 55 pounds are gone). I have been workinh hard, 30DS and just finishing RI30 today. I feel fit, strong, sexy for the first time in a long time.Before my husband and I got married I was diagnosed with endometriosis and told I had little chance of having children. Thankfully, we had our dear daughter. Knowing it might be struggle, we decided to try (we were never really preventing) last month. To my shock, we are pregnant again. I am happy and this is a blessing, but I just packed away my maternity/fat clothes and was starting to get into my old clothes.

Someone tell me it's easier the second time around!

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep active with this pregnancy, you don't want to over do it but exercise during pregnancy is beneficial to you and your baby. The second time around can be much easier than the first if you keep taking care of yourself, plus chasing around the first will help too! Best of luck, take care.
  • AMAYAROSE35
    Options
    WOW!!!! CONGRATS!!! I have 3 children and I got pregnant *every* time I reached my pre-pregnancy weight!!! How strange is that right? I did the elliptical throughout most of my pregnancies to keep my weight at bay during the pregnancies and I never had a hard time losing the weight (about 30-35lbs) afterwards. I breastfed/pumped too, which helped. Yes, the second time around is a BREEZE compared to the 1st!!! p.s -- I was wondering how ripped in 30 was doing for you! congrats on the good news!!!!!!

* I did the elliptical for about 45-60 min a day , and my pregnancy weight seemed to just melt off when I was back to my routine (running, strength training 2 weeks after having my babies -- all natural deliveries :)
  • Melanya7
    Melanya7 Posts: 24
    Options
    That's good to hear! I will plan on keeping up with the daily workouts, but ease back just a bit. Maybe lots of long walks and light weights. Thanks for the input!:smile:

Three kids and you still manage to keep up with amazing workouts! You're my new hero!
  • AMAYAROSE35
    Options
    I hope you are feeling well and not having too much nausea :) !!! ~ I have been exercising for YEARS *everyday* and it is such a *HABIT* for me! :) I also have been maintaining my weight for years, but I want to lose about 10-15lbs and tone up more. Yes, with 3 kids, someone is *always* jumping on me when I am doing my workouts~ Keep up the great work! I would exercise throughout your pregnancy if you can (I really think this alone helped make labor easier and losing the weight afterward pretty easy).
    I also ran for the 1st 2 months of my pregnancies (but I was used to running), then I transitioned to the elliptical because the running seemed to be too much up and down for the belly, joints, etc. I think if you make exercise just a normal part of your day you will do just fine :) (my husband knows that 1 hr out of the day is blocked off for him to watch the kids, so I can exercise ---a rule in our marriage) :) TAKE CARE!!! Wishing you the BEST!!!