Starting over again

Options
A year and half I started taking control of my health from what I eat to exercising and how I would react to others around me. I felt so much better when I was dedicating approximately 90 minutes per day to me. Growing up I despised any form of exercise, I could not believe how I honestly could not wait until the next day to get in my jog/walk! In December I ended up having to have surgery and I have became quite lazy again. I could come up with a hundred excuses as to why but that would be all they are... excuses. I do have to say that I have struggled recovering from this last surgery and I get told "it can take a year to recover,"... are you serious?!? From my heaviest of 267 pounds I had lost 61 pounds but now I have started gaining again. I am not going to let this happen again!

Over the winter my medical health has taken a small nose dive. In a nutshell I am diabetic (type 2), I have asthma, a heart and liver issues and high cholesterol. Recently I have had to increase my insulin and I have been finding myself eating without a reason. I have found myself in another vicious cycle of eating and then mentally beating myself up over it. I am now back up to 210 pounds (I know it is only a 4 lb. gain but it is still a gain) and my overall goal is to be down to 180lbs. I know just from my couple days of writing down everything that goes into my mouth that I have to drastically change what I eat but finding even with my good intentions I am failing.

Growing up we were taught to not rely on others for help as that was more of a sign of weakness than strength. I have a hard time asking for help and motivation but finding I am losing the war of losing weight. With that being said, I am looking for friends to be able to reach out to for motivation and won't look down upon me for my many weaknesses.

Excited for this journey,
Tanja

Replies

• MRSHHJONES
    MRSHHJONES Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Dear Tanya, Asking for help is not a sign of weakness... you are doing the right thing reaching out for encouragement to get you back on track. My sister is also a member and recently some left her a note when she wanted to quit to remind her this isn't something we can quit, this is our life! I would be happy to encourage you on a daily basis as kind individuals have done for me. Please friend me if you would like.:flowerforyou:
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE STRONG AND POWERFUL...WELCOME!!!
    KRISTIAN ROCCO
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Tanja - i so understand. Tough when you have always had it under control . Friends and support make all the difference. One day at a time as they say and you'll get there. I'm always around for support and sometimes a good chuckle . You got this!

Ann
  • tnjrichter
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words and the offer of support. I also would like to be encouraging to others.

MRSHHJONES -- I have been feeling the urge to throw in the towels and then I have been reminded by a few people how far I have come and to focus on that more. I look forward to the daily encouragement :smile:

Ann -- I am always up for a good chuckle.:laugh:

Kristian -- thank you for the strong statement :happy: