7-8lbs in 4 weeks - Possible?

Options
I've lost 23lbs since 7th of Jan, and need to lose as much as possible by May 21st (approx) I've tried several different things for losing weight, and so far, a goal of 1270 calories a day seems to be whats working for me, havn't been excercising much last few weeks, so looking at;
600 cals burnt a night 6 days a week minimum = 3600 calories burnt a week (I work 8hours at least 5 days a week, which is constant walking around and i do go up and down about 20 flights of stairs a day, but never count these as excercise calories)

3500 calories is 1lb of weight, so by doing this, i'm hoping to lose about 1/2 - 1lb of weight a week through eating and 1lb a week through excercise - am I thinking this through correctly? Also, will be unlikely to eat back excercise calories, might possibly eat a few if really hungry, but not all.

Thanks for any help :)

Replies

• cerenia
    cerenia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump? Sorry guys - any advice appriciated :( I did try TDEE -20% and gained, so not keen on doing that again :(
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think it is widely acknowledged that losing between .5 and 2 lbs a week is doable. But, I also think you may be focusing too much on the scale, and too little on how clothes fit or your body measurements.

Why are you measuring this by 7 - 8 lbs? Is there a certain size you'd like to be by the end of the month? If so, rather than weighing yourself - put on that "goal" dress/outfit each week and see if it is fitting better.

There are many stories on MFP of people who have put on weight, yet taken off many inches...

Hope that helps!

:smile: :smile:
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Part II of my response :wink:

If you need a boost - make sure you aren't doing the same exercises each day/week. Interval training is a great way to push through plateaus. Of course, weight training is essential for burning calories. Circuit training is a great way to combine weights with interval training.

Cut back on unhealthy carbs - all the "white" stuff. Get the majority of your carbs from fruits and vegetables. Focus on whole foods - nothing processed.
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I did jillian michaels 30 shred (found it free on youtube) didn't do it everyday like I should, but I was exercising 6 days a week, JM, and walking and my body composition changed more than that much weight would have changed. Search here from some jillian michaels 30 day shred results. You may focus on that instead of the scale. ;)
  • BigMan1979
    BigMan1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    7-8lbs is very do-able. But remember that less is not more. If your calorie deficit is too high, your body will go into starvation mode and retain weight. The deficit of 500 calories is reasonable. And equates to 1 lb a week. But some find success at 1k deficits. It is all about what works for you.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Absolutely possible. 9lbs down after just over 2 weeks here. Everyone is different, but I would never say that cant happen.
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's possible, I lost 3 pounds this week eating in small portions about 6 times a day. I made a tuna salad(other meals as well), divided it in sections, cut 2 slices of rye bread in half and ate small every 2-3 hours. I worked out focusing on certain areas of my body and gave myself a massage every day. Massage breaks up the fat and reduces wrinkles; aka: cellulite ( :
    Hope this helps. Build up your metabolism and create lean muscle. Stretching helps a lot too in sculpting the body and stretching the muscle. Good luck!
  • cerenia
    cerenia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know my biggest problem is fruit and veg - don't/can't eat them (makes me really quite ill), so focusing on what I can have - orange juice, tomato soup and vitamin tablets - have tried many things in different ways, and always ill (childhood accident messed up my taste buds)

I'm going to try the smaller meals several times a day at work I think - I usually end up missing brekkie (biiig no no), having a small dinner (300-400 cals) and then a bigger meal in the evening, and excercise. burnt 702 calories yesterday doing:
    248 cardio punches, 24 squats, Dodgeball - advoided 200 balls, forward to backwards jumps - 130 of them (all on EA active), 50 situps with other half holding my feet, 1/2 hour doing stepups on WiiFit, and half an hour on the rowing machine, ache like mental today.

In honesty, my body has shaped a lot over the last 3 months, which i'm happy with - over the last 2 months when I started measuring body shape, i've lost 3 inches everywhere - just want to hit that magic 30 number, just sounds as fantastic as it is (and if I can lose 9-10lbs, i'll be in the weight range i've not been in for about a decade) i'm being strict with more water as well, so just got to keep working and cross fingers :) Thankyou all!