looking for some pals for motivation

Options
Hi i'm new to my fitness pal and to my diet , I have manged to gain almost 100 lbs in the last 4 1/2 years and its time that I get back to my self

I have been going to gym and using this site for the last week and i love it it is a great tracker but i am lacking the motivational pals ,

its would be nice to have some sort of idea how other people are doing and to show my progress along my journey , if you wish to add my as a friend i would accept , i am about 3 lbs into my 90 lbs goal

Replies

• ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have to say congratulations on choosing to live a healthier lifestyle. Committing yourself to this journey. It's going to be a rollercoaster but it's well worth it. You deserve to be happy. I would love to support you on this journey.

I also would like to give a few suggestions. Somethings that I have experienced through out my journey. When I first started I wanted to just drop the weight. I was like it has to go now. I was so scale dependent. Along my journey it has become so much more than that. Figure out the why. Then make realistic goals and do your best to achieve them. Don't be scale dependent because the scale does not know what is going on in the body. Take before pictures and measurements. Eat as best as you can. Don't deprive yourself but don't go overboard with things you like. Just a few tips and suggestions. I wish you all the luck on your journey! You can do it!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Good deal, feel free to add me if you like ......
  • SheilaNewton83
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a newbie too, and looking for motivational friends!
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've also been using this about a week! I love how supportative everyone seems :) Feel free to add me
  • skinnydreams1997
    skinnydreams1997 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need a motivation buddy. I need somone that is willing to give me advice on how to be healthier.
  • SophieGoldsbury
    Options
    I need some friends too to help keep me motivated :)
  • cicigavgab3
    cicigavgab3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I judt started on the sitelast week ! You can definitly add me! Good luck its get you want to start a healthy life style and please stay in touch!
  • candyandreece
    Options
    Hi every1 im new on here today and im just so down about my size but the more down i get the more i want to eat, i need support because the people i see in my every day life just feel the need to keep saying things like `god you have put a few pounds on` or your a big girl now what size jeans are they` its doing my head in and not helping.