Cleansing diets... any good ones?

Options
Im just starting my journey to eat healthy and lose weight. I'm at 147lb right now and want to drop down to 115lb. I want to kick off my diet with a cleanse. Are there any cleansing diets out there that you like or have tried and succeeded with?

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,963 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Isagenix
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sandruh9
    sandruh9 Posts: 2
    Options
    im the same weight and want to get down to 115 as well and last week i started the jillian michaels 14 day cleanse thing so ill let you know how it works. have you started doing anything to lose the weight and is it working??
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just started my weight loss diet about 3 days ago. So far, no weight loss. I drink about 10 glasses of water daily and usually have a slim fast 200cal shake for breakfast. My daily calorie limit is 1,200. I think I might try a fruit and veggie drink cleanse for a week.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Be careful with some of the cleanses out there- some can have very undesirable results, such as profuse sweating, body odor, and foul breath because of the toxins leaving your body. I just drink a ton of water- that's always a good way to cleanse :)
  • eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did the 7 day rapid cleanse ( you can goggle that and find it easily) and only ate fresh fruit/veggies (stayed away from bananas/corn/potatoes) and lean meats for the first 3 days and the gradually added food in. It really helped me get a fresh start and get the fast food/junk food cravings out of my system. Weeks later and I am staying under my calorie goal every day, I have only had fast food once ( I used to have it several times a week) and only did chicken tacos in a pinch because we had to go to the hospital. Its amazing but it really triggered something in my head that made it easier to change my eating, I don't know if its because those first few days I couldn't have any processed foods or what. Right now I am on a roll and I don't feel myself stopping anytime soon.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm a pharmacist. You need the bacteria that is in your intestines. If you decided to "cleanse", buy some probiotics at the drug store to put the bacteria back in. We have a symbiotic relationship with bacteria. We need them for digestion. If you choose to kill them, you need to put them back.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The only cleanse I have ever done messed up my system for a good month. I lost 10 lbs right away and gained it all back and more when I went back to eating properly and exactly within my MFP calories. I will never ever ever ever do a cleanse again. Just my 2cents.