is it just me or...

Options
is it just me or when people comment on your weight loss do you get kind of embarrassed? especially if they ask the exact number of pounds, etc?? It's great hearing the compliments but i never really know what to say! i'm not the type that spouts out calorie information on everything my friends or family eats, i've kept quiet about the whole process in general. it just seems easier that way to me. anyone else out there in the same situation?

Replies

• melch
    melch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    haha nope I am the opposite and get pretty upset if people dont notice I didnt work this hard and lose over 45lb for no-body not to notice that my body has changed completely I think if people show an interest it means they care ! the others well ........ well done for losing the weight and be proud of it after all its a huge achievement that some people just cant do ! :o)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I do get embarrassed but I like when people notice.
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i totally get embarrassed! it reinforced how bad i must have looked :-(
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I quite like it as people say they are inspired by it and I like to inspire others. The problem is that I get addicted to the compliments and then I feel bad when people don't comment...!
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I actually denied I had lost anything when another parent at school commented on my loss but then I never really liked her! I was like "I haven't lost anything I was always this size!". And I was on the inside!!!! Lol :bigsmile: