NEEDING SOME MOTIVATION PALS.

Options
Im in dyer need of some motivation pals. I will get amped up and go balls to the wall for a few weeks and do really good then its like i hit a brick wall and its back to the old ways. Im not getting much help at home as my very skinny husband pigs out on my favo junk food. Wanting to meet some new friends along the way. Anyone have some suggestions to keep me motivated. Im really lookin for a friend who will just be honest and be like you need to stop think and do this. Anyone up for the challenge??

Replies

• Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What works for me is that I set goals and challenges for myself. For instance, I decided I'm running a 5k in June. My reward? a FULL spa day. So there is my challenge (run the 5k) with my reward being a spa day. My "goal" is to weigh 260 by then. It's all about you driving you. No one else in my family is trying to live a healthy life style, but I'm not doing it for them. I'm doing it for me, and for my son. I want to be a good example, and I don't want him to watch me eating junk! You can do it!
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you're not on Fitocracy.com, that is a GREAT place full of people who will help encourage and motivate you. :) It's how I found out about this site, in fact!
  • MEMD1974
    MEMD1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I need a motivation pal as well! I am starting again, I was very successful on the WW old points system for years but then I lost my way on it, I guess. And then 5lbs turned to 10lbs etc etc etc and here I am back at the beginning. It goes on too quickly! I am going to try and use this forum to track and for accountability as well ...
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    finding motivated people on here really helped me. I like seeing other people succeed with their weight loss. You just have to keep your eye on your goal! If you want it badly enough, you'll never quit! If you have a bad day, keep moving forward!!

add me if you'd like. I need new active friends!
  • amyrrector
    Options
    Im the same way. It's taken me 2 1/2 years and i think I lost/gained the first 15lbs about 10 times before I finally decided to get with it. I went from a stay at home mom to full time working mom and maintained for about 8 months. I am down 51 lbs total and hoping to get about 15lbs down!

add me! :)