Nauseous in the morning

Options
Hi All,

I've noticed that when I eat a light dinner (a habit I'm hoping to continue) when I wake up in the morning I will get a subtle wave of nausea. It goes away once I put a little something in my stomach. I don't 'feel' hungry (like I do approaching lunch time :o), but I am assuming that is what is going on. Does anyone else experience this? Is there an optimal thing to eat to combat it? Is it even problematic?

Just wanted to see if anyone shared the experience. I don't go to bed hungry, but apparently the tank runs dry over night.

Replies

• cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Pregnant?
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Do you know yet whether it's a boy or girl?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    yeah.. I would get a pregnacy test
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Do you have issues with your blood sugar? I am on a diabetes pill for my PCOS that I take at night. Sometimes, if I oversleep, my blood sugar gets kind of low and I wake up feeling pretty wretched. Just a thought.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My morning sickness was the worst if I didn't eat breakfast as soon as I woke up...
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good thing you lost 9 pounds 'cause the babies' gonna weigh just about that much ;)
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have this problem (and I am absolutely, positively NOT pregnant, thank goodness ????). Mine is caused by low blood sugar. Ironically, it makes you not want to eat. I've been doing 14/10 fasting and I have found that coffee with a splash of cream helps when I first wake up.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It usually stops once you give birth.

But seriously - maybe eat a light snack before bed so you're not so hungry when waking up?
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I would say take a test. Seriously!! I was having naseau, didn't know what my issue was as I thought I've had more water than before. I swore that test was going to be negative and it came out positive to here I am 20 weeks along. lol
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that when I eat a light dinner (a habit I'm hoping to continue)

If you're not pregnant, then you may need to look at changing your mind set that eating larger meals at night is a bad thing. If you feel the nausea is a concern, then eat more at night. If you don't mind that feeling in the morning, then continue what your doing.
  • JoeiC78
    JoeiC78 Posts: 13
    Options
    ......gotta say take a test. I was told I couldn't get pregnant so I just thought it was my eatin habits...then I finally took a test and here I am preganant...and nausea has stuck around ...all day long LOL.
    If it isnt that then yes check your blood sugar you may not be eating enough to sustain you till morning!!! Good LUck!!