help! whole wheat pancake mix.

Options
okay i have this box of whole wheat pancake mix. and 2 pancakes are 130 cals with eggs mixed, milk, and oil mixed. buuuuut, if i dont add the eggs, milk, and oil how much calories would that be in two plain pancakes?

Replies

• jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Do the instructions on the box allow for not using the eggs, milk, and oil??? Some box mix cakes are done with water only but there is anoption to add oil, eggs or milk for a better cake. Pancake mixes don,t usually give you an option as I recall.

Subtract the calories from the eggs, milk and oil amount from the total calories stated when made as directed to find the new calories
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You'd have dry powder, not pancakes. Those ingredients are there to make batter.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    You can substitute the oil with applesauce. It works every time and saves some calories.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it doesn't also list the nutritional information for just the powder?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    okay i have this box of whole wheat pancake mix. and 2 pancakes are 130 cals with eggs mixed, milk, and oil mixed. buuuuut, if i dont add the eggs, milk, and oil how much calories would that be in two plain pancakes?

How would they be pancakes without eggs, milk, and oil. That's powder, yo.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just eat the ****ing pancakes. Seriously. I get that you want to reduce calories, but you still need SOME.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Just eat the ****ing pancakes. Seriously. I get that you want to reduce calories, but you still need SOME.
    This is my favorite response from you ever!:flowerforyou:

OP, since you just want the powder, i suggest snorting it instead of cooking it in any way. They'll save time.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I use pancake mix and water all the time. Find the taste and texture fine for me. I like the idea of adding a little applesauce.

To get the calorie count any of the above options will work.

Shirley
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Or you could just eat the cardboard box - probably about as appealing and nutritious as the pancake mix without the other stuff. :wink:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite response from you ever!:flowerforyou:

^ This.

No one should be worried about reducing the calories in a 130 calorie breakfast.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options

^ This.

No one should be worried about reducing the calories in a 130 calorie breakfast.

This is what I was pretty much going to say, 130 calories for 2 pancakes doesn't seem too horrible to me.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    how exactly do you plan on eating the pancakes without the ingredients?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    lol

And this:
    Are you sure it doesn't also list the nutritional information for just the powder?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m37gqwn9yZ1qb2p7r.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The math is:

Take the made up calories, deduct the calories of what you do not use to make them..

The reality: is

Why would you do such a thing?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The only thing that makes sense is that she is planning to use the pancake batter flour in a different recipe. But, the pancake batter powder would have the powder calories listed (usually).

Or, I guess she could be planning to add water and cook them as pancakes that way. Doesn't sound good.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    All I know is that I prefer my pancakes as pancakes, not powder.

tumblr_m3958wzQUi1ro82f2o1_r5_500.gif

^Will happily work this into my calorie goals for the week :D
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • davidboyd0041
    Options
    I always make homemade whole wheat pancakes, way lower on calories. I always use olive oil making them homemade as well. They turn out great and are way better than pre packaged pancakes. I highly recommend giving that a try. Generally most of the 100% whole wheat pancake recipes have 60-100 calories per.