Bad Breath?

Options
Since I reduced my calorie intake between 900 - 1200 i have to brush my teeth loads through the day, as i find my breath smells really quickly.

And I find water makes it start to smell again.... anyone have the same?

x

Replies

• absofsteel
    absofsteel Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm not too sure but it sounds like it might be toxins leaving your body. Have you ever tried a good detox? or a 1-3 day water & juice only cleanse? either of those would flush all the toxins out in one go and your body would be ready to start a new healthy diet from scratch :smile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Since I reduced my calorie intake between 900 - 1200 i have to brush my teeth loads through the day, as i find my breath smells really quickly.

x
    A couple of ideas came up when reading your post. Why 900 cals? 1200 is a good healthy number as long as it's appropriate for your body. Could be any number of reasons you're having breath issues, could be your teeth, could be lack of flossing and simply food stuck in between the teeth. Are you getting enough nutrients? You reduced your cals from what amount?

Hard to pinpoint it exactly without a bit more info:wink::flowerforyou:
  • ccprincess
    ccprincess Posts: 10
    Options

x
    A couple of ideas came up when reading your post. Why 900 cals? 1200 is a good healthy number as long as it's appropriate for your body. Could be any number of reasons you're having breath issues, could be your teeth, could be lack of flossing and simply food stuck in between the teeth. Are you getting enough nutrients? You reduced your cals from what amount?

Hard to pinpoint it exactly without a bit more info:wink::flowerforyou:

Well im going away on holiday and wanna cut them down completley. I was previously doing slimmers world. So im not to sure how many i was eating. I brush my teeth 3 times a day and found doing it more because i cant stand the taste in my mouth. Its just making me not want to do the diet, as my mouth becomes really dry them begins to taste and smell awful! :( x
  • ccprincess
    ccprincess Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm not too sure but it sounds like it might be toxins leaving your body. Have you ever tried a good detox? or a 1-3 day water & juice only cleanse? either of those would flush all the toxins out in one go and your body would be ready to start a new healthy diet from scratch :smile:

Thanks ill have to look this up :smile:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with toxins or cleansing or what have you.

You're probably in ketosis as a result of the amount of caloric intake you have daily, which can cause halitosis AKA "bad breath" - it's caused by the escape of acetone compounds through the lungs.