No Boob Left Behind!

Options
A lot of my weightloss has been in my chest which, unfortunately has left me quite saggy. :sad: I know that if I do exercises to strengthen my pecs it will help revive my lifeless boobs. What are some pec exercises I can do from home? (I don't have a gym membership.)

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    The best thing is pushups. You can try the hundred pushup challenge. It is easy and free.

http://hundredpushups.com/
  • MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge, if you're up for it let me know and I'll join you, I have the same issue up top ;)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Pushups, dips, incline dumbbell flies, decline dumbbell flies, cable crosses (need a gym for that one).

Work the core, you'll tighten up. Great job, don't get discouraged.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    if you don't mind I'd love to join in doing the push up challenge too, I haven't lost much weight, but I'm top heavy and worried about them becoming deflated as I go............trying to be proactive lol Plus I have ZERO upper body strength, and I'd like to change that too
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Been thinking about the push up challenge (and the sit up one too).
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen!!!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    There's push-ups, sit-ups and squats. :-)

I started to do it but due to a trip out of town, it threw me off and I haven't started it again. Let me know if some of you do it and I'll go again! It *does* work - btw.. although I only got through the 2nd week, I was able to keep up with my numbers (for those that don't know, it's a 6 week process).
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    Im actually having the opposite happen. Mine are getting bigger ( dont hate me plz lol) its defying nature. im going down in band size and up in cup. normally its the first 2 go. i dont get it -but not complaining! :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Chest exercises?

Bench press, inclined bench press, declined bench press, dumbell flys (straight, incline, decline), decline pushups, standard push ups. All excellent chest exercises.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh I sympathise so much!! Not so much the sag for me...just the shrinking! hehe. Less cleavage than my boyfriend! :cry:

I asked the question a while ago and had similar responses...I don't like to be negative, but I have been religiously doing everything suggested - and while it's improved my upper body strength no end, it hasn't made any impact on the size/shape of my breasts.

Someone said to me...we've all done so well on our weight loss journeys, let's keep focused on that - and then save the pennies too so we can buy ourselves some new breasts to match the new skinny you!! :laugh: I'm not the hugest fan of cosmetic surgery, but it does seem to have a major benefit (like it will actually work!!) :happy:

Good luck whatever you decide to do...and don't worry to much - things like this always seem worse to you than they do to other people around you.
  • beutiful5678
    beutiful5678 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i am happy to report i did flys and the bench press this morning - straight, no inclined/declined (i don't have a bench.)

i also did the "initial test" for the hundred pushup challenge. i am patheticly weak in my upper body and doing one (yes, one!) was a struggle and i could feel the air ripping through my nostrils as i breathed out and collasped on the floor. so, i will be completing this challenge doing the modified knee pushup.

day 1 - tonight before i go to bed.

who's in with me?
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    fyi, for cheap money (relatively speaking bout 50 bucks) you can buy a decent step with some extensions. For example

http://www.amazon.com/Step-F1004-Workout-System/dp/B0007OWSWW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1279586152&sr=8-7

and take the extensions off of one side and you have a perfect decline and incline bench for flys and dumbell presses. Voila.

Plus, there are tons of step workout dvd's when you want to do some cardio but don't feel like braving the summer heat (or rain, or winter cold if it's that time of year)

and this is gonna sound dumb, but fill a few empty tennis ball cans with sand, . Instead of it costing you 30 or 40 bucks for the 20 lb dumbell set, it'll cost you 5 bucks, and work just as well (better for some things).
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    FYI, if you know someone who works with metal (a mechanic, or a plumber maybe) you could ask them to look around for a couple of lbs of scrap lead, drop it in the can to make it much heavier too.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    im in! for the intitial test i got 7 .
  • MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm in, the initial test for me was 6. Should we start a new thread for those who want to join?
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Is there any exercises which won't put any strain on the shoulders as I have a ripped muscle in under my left shoulder blade which can be really painful if the scar tissue has too much strain put on it?
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    In addition to the above comments - wearing a bra to sleep helps alot
  • beutiful5678
    beutiful5678 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    fyi, for cheap money (relatively speaking bout 50 bucks) you can buy a decent step with some extensions. For example

http://www.amazon.com/Step-F1004-Workout-System/dp/B0007OWSWW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1279586152&sr=8-7

and take the extensions off of one side and you have a perfect decline and incline bench for flys and dumbell presses. Voila.

Plus, there are tons of step workout dvd's when you want to do some cardio but don't feel like braving the summer heat (or rain, or winter cold if it's that time of year)

and this is gonna sound dumb, but fill a few empty tennis ball cans with sand, . Instead of it costing you 30 or 40 bucks for the 20 lb dumbell set, it'll cost you 5 bucks, and work just as well (better for some things).

Dumb or not, these ideas and cheap and therefore awesome! Thanks!
    In addition to the above comments - wearing a bra to sleep helps alot

I've heard this too! I should try it...

I've started a 100 Pushup Challenge thread (thank you for suggesting this - I'm sure there would be some takers who are not interested for looking for support on a thread about boobs) and you can view it here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107782-100-pushup-challenge

Thanks y'all!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Is there any exercises which won't put any strain on the shoulders as I have a ripped muscle in under my left shoulder blade which can be really painful if the scar tissue has too much strain put on it?

interesting. Essentially any muscle that raises your arm is going to engage your trapezius and scapula (the bone and muscle of the shoulder blade), but you can still have limited range of motion exercises that should still help with the chest without putting too much strain. For bench press type routines, it's not about going very low as much as it is engaging (consciously) the chest muscle. In fact, creating a larger than 90 degree angle on the elbow in the downward motion (I.E. having the upper arm go below the zero degree plain of your back) is not a great idea and not considered good form, that being the case, there should be relatively little in the way of trapezius flexation (and therefore little scar pressure if I'm thinking about your scar correctly).

Other than that, all I can think of are the creams that you can massage into scar tissue to help with flexability.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

Thanks for this tip! Honestly, that would have never occurred to me! I've been shopping around on craigslist for a used bench, but this would would just as well, and MUCH easier to store out of the way! :drinker: