Plain Chobani

Options
So I bought a few single packages of non fat chobani (my Walmart doesnt have low fat) and I tried it and YUCKK! I cant stand the taste and I've tried everything: cinnamon, nuts, granola, splenda, pure sugar, vanilla protein powder, even using it in dips. The only way I can tolerate it is if I put it in smoothies and NOTHING else.... but I'm in love with all their flavored yogurts (besides the ones with chunks of fruit) which are sadly high in sugar :grumble: So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to make it at least edible for a picky eater. I only like honey flavored things, not honey itself, and same with fruit. Do you have any suggestions on what to put in plain 0% yogurt to get rid of the "tanginess", or do you know any flavored yogurt that doesnt have chunks of fruit in it and is low in sugar? Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jmer41
    jmer41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have heard about people mixing in half a packet of crystal light drink mix...never tried it myself though.
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a little bit of cinnamon, vanilla extract, AND a scant half tablespoon or so of honey or maple syrup? That sweetens it up for me, or you could add splenda and thin it a bit with a tablespoon or two of milk.
  • kelseyeve
    Options
    I add half a packet of Crystal Light and it is DELICIOUS! Seriously, you'd never know it was plain yogurt, and it only adds 5 calories. My favorite is raspberry lemonade but I think any flavor would be good.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    this is maybe a stretch, but sometimes a tiny bit of salt (along with some sweetener) counteracts bitter/sour flavors. I'd start with a couple of grains to a "pinch" per 8 oz cup of yogurt
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I mix in PB2, or you could use regular peanut butter, and dip apples in it.
  • weesinglane
    Options
    I dislike Chobani's plain, but LOVE Fage's plain (2% is heavenly). It may not make a difference if you don't like plain yogurt in general, but I can taste a difference. I like adding banana and berries - kind of like a smoothie, but not blended. You can also try adding a bit of milk.
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest giving your taste buds time to adjust. The plain Chobani can take a little getting used to - but so does removing the 'fake' sweeteners out of your diet. I prefer to have some freshly sliced apple or nut combo (walnuts, almonds, cashews).
  • brighteyes124
    brighteyes124 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I always add some frozen berries, chia seeds and maybe 1/2 teaspoon of honey... pack it in the morning and by lunch the berries thaw and sweeten the yogurt.

It does take some time to get used to plain though, especially considering the fruited ones are so sweet. I also second the suggestion of going for 2% over fat free, much creamier!