BIGGEST LOSER calories in/out

Options
Watched an episode of the biggest loser loser last night and finally found out what calories they had to eat and what they had to burn!!!!

Women are eating 1200 calories and have to burn 6000
Men are eating 1400 calories and have to burn 8000

They are massive calorie burns but their results speak for themselves.

Replies

• estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I saw that too and was worried that I heard it wrong!!! Takes me ages to burn about 400, let alone 6000!!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I just started recording the Biggest Loser USA on Sky + last night! I didn't realise it was back on! I loveeeee it! And WOW I did not realise they had to burn THAT many cals! Omg!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i knew that had to burn hella calories. my bros and sis all came to a conclusion burning about 6 - 8 thousands.

so we were pretty close.

but i didnt know they eat that much. i thought well since they burn a lot of calories during the day. they eat a little more. ?

edit: the calories they burn is that in a week or in a day?
  • lizpell
    lizpell Posts: 10
    Options
    A day!!
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    That means they are running on a SERIOUS deficit. Surely they must be going into starvation mode if they are not eating ANY of their exercise calories??
  • panjabi
    panjabi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Watched an episode of the biggest loser loser last night and finally found out what calories they had to eat and what they had to burn!!!!

Women are eating 1200 calories and have to burn 6000
    Men are eating 1400 calories and have to burn 8000

They are massive calorie burns but their results speak for themselves.

Does this calorie burn a day include BMR or is it on top of that? (now I'm scared!)
  • lizpell
    lizpell Posts: 10
    Options
    It includes BMR, thank goodness!